Good Morning everyone,

Currently submitted for the January 2021 Board, and looking forward to selection results. Hoping to get a good thread going here so everyone can get a good idea of where they're at. Good luck everyone!

Flight Physical: Stamped, No Waivers

GT: 130 

AFQT: 93

SIFT: 58

Flight Hours: 5 Rotary Wing, PPL course

ACFT/OPAT: No ACFT taken for S2S, Heavy on OPAT

Education: High School Diploma With High Honors 3.86, Technical School for EMT, Deferred enrollment for University 

LORS: Fire Captain, Fire Chief, Police officer, EMS Pilot  & (RET.) CW2 Pilot and Ft. Rucker Flight Instructor, Family Friend, Flight IP from flight school

Prior Service: None

Thoughts on chances? Any critiques or insight is appreciated. No BN interview for me, curious to see if anyone else had one. Once again good luck to all!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JDM21 said:

Good Morning everyone,

Currently submitted for the January 2021 Board, and looking forward to selection results. Hoping to get a good thread going here so everyone can get a good idea of where they're at. Good luck everyone!

Flight Physical: Stamped, No Waivers

AFQT: 93

SIFT: 58

Flight Hours: 5 Rotary Wing, PPL course

ACFT/OPAT: No ACFT taken for S2S, Heavy on OPAT

Education: High School Diploma With High Honors 3.86, Technical School for EMT, Deferred enrollment for University 

LORS: Fire Captain, Fire Chief, Police officer, EMS Pilot  & (RET.) CW2 Pilot and Ft. Rucker Flight Instructor, Family Friend, Flight IP from flight school

Prior Service: None

Thoughts on chances? Any critiques or insight is appreciated. No BN interview for me, curious to see if anyone else had one. Once again good luck to all!

The scores that you do have look pretty good. You have probably already done so, but make 100% sure there is no requirement for an APFT/ACFT score (I’m not sure where they are with phasing the ACFT in). You can see on the previous forums the S2Srs have all of their fitness scores listed, and I’ve been told that is a major part of the packet being boarded. The only thing I can see possibly holding you back is your age. Don’t let it discourage you from applying again if you don’t get selected your first or second board. You can knock out some college courses and finish your pilot license to bolster your resume if that ends up being the case.

I’m curious to see if you make it. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DOBBERS said:

The scores that you do have look pretty good. You have probably already done so, but make 100% sure there is no requirement for an APFT/ACFT score (I’m not sure where they are with phasing the ACFT in). You can see on the previous forums the S2Srs have all of their fitness scores listed, and I’ve been told that is a major part of the packet being boarded. The only thing I can see possibly holding you back is your age. Don’t let it discourage you from applying again if you don’t get selected your first or second board. You can knock out some college courses and finish your pilot license to bolster your resume if that ends up being the case.

I’m curious to see if you make it. 

Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback sir, I definitely will double check with my recruiter about the ACFT. For the time being I am going to keep a positive attitude for the current board, but if it doesn’t work out, I’ll finish up my PPL and get some college under my belt and try again. Thank you sir once again.

Civilian/Street to Seat, Active Duty 

SIFT: 63

ASVAB: 98

GT: 136

Flight physical: stamped, no waivers

OPAT: heavy 

Education: 61 credit hours, applied for graduation, AS

Flight hours: ~350 Fixed wing CFI/CFII/MEI 

LORS: CW5, CW3, Lt. Col Army, ret. coast guard 0-5 DPE, Maj. Army  

Waivers: moral(speeding tickets)

• Like 2

Active duty (12N) E-5

TIS: 5 yrs

SIFT: 66

APFT: 288

Flight physical: stamped, 1 waiver

Education: 67 credit hours

Flight hours: None

LORS: CW4, LTC, CPT

Received board ready status 11 Jan. First submission and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. These next couple weeks will be excruciating. 

• Like 2

Active duty (18D) E-7

TIS: 7.5 yrs

SIFT: 67

APFT: 295

Flight physical: stamped, 0 waivers

Education: B.S. in Biology, 9 credit hours towards M.S. in Homeland Security Studies

Flight hours: None

LORS: CW5, LTC, MAJ

Received board ready status 17 Dec. First time packet submission. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alex P said:

Hope to see successful selections from you all including myself. Good Luck! This is my second look.

What did you change from your first board? It's my second look as well. I went from only letters from significant civilians to 4 letters from higher ranking officers plus one really good civilian letter. My scores are competitive so I'm hopeful, but the wait has been brutal!

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Hey, I also worked on improving my LOR's. I was able to receive two from MG's a W5 and 2 from my employment. Not much else I could improve because my scores are permanent and the most you can score on the OPAT is heavy. Good Luck, maybe we will see each other in the near future. 

• Like 1

Never posted to this forum before, but I’m also on the board this week. 

ASVAB: 99, GT 142

SIFT: 64

Education: AS in Physics, 106 towards BA in discrete mathematics/analysis, GPA 3.1

APT: 290 iirc

Flight hours: none officially

LOR’s: current CW4 Hawk driver, retired LTC Chinook driver, two retired USAF pilots (both MAJ), retired Navy F-14 pilot

Waivers: knee surgery from 7 years ago

Good luck everyone. I hope to see you all at Fort Rucker soon. 

• Like 1

I’m on for this board too.

ASVAB: 85, GT 118

SIFT: 52

Education: high school diploma, private pilots ground school

Flight Physical: stamped, no waivers

APFT: 253

Flight Hours: None

LORs: Retired CW4, ground school instructor, and teacher.

Good Luck everyone. Hope we can all get selected. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dec15 said:

Does anyone have an estimate on when the results for AD will come out? I know it’ll likely be next week but what day? 

My recruiter told me best case we would have my results as early as Thursday. I think that’s being a little optimistic as the board is from Jan 25-28, but I’m on the edge of my seat. I assume by the end of next week for sure. 

50 minutes ago, DeltaSafari said:

My recruiter told me best case we would have my results as early as Thursday. I think that’s being a little optimistic as the board is from Jan 25-28, but I’m on the edge of my seat. I assume by the end of next week for sure. 

Thursday of this week?

9 hours ago, DeltaSafari said:

I am thinking the following week because online it says the board goes until the 29th. Best of Luck. I am so nervous I wish we could see the results already.

19 hours ago, Dec15 said:

Does anyone have an estimate on when the results for AD will come out? I know it’ll likely be next week but what day? 

The street to seaters typically get their results the same week or very early the next week. AD get their results usually Wed-Fri the week after, in a perfect world. If there are any holidays or any Army DONSA’s in between expect results to be delayed. 

54 minutes ago, sunyforreal said:

The street to seaters typically get their results the same week or very early the next week. AD get their results usually Wed-Fri the week after, in a perfect world. If there are any holidays or any Army DONSA’s in between expect results to be delayed. 

I see that you were selected on the September board, would you mind if I sent my summary over to you for a little feedback?

SERVICE: 2 YEARS SPC, AD

GT: 114

SIFT: 47

APFT: 289

EDUCATION: Pursuing AGS. 40 credits completed, 3.86 GPA

Physical: Stamped/ No Waivers

LOR: O-3 TRP CO, O-5 BN CO, CW4 Aviator

AWARDS: ARCOM (1) AAM (1)

FQ-NS November Board. Reworked bio and fixed grammatical and structure issues. Updated APFT, College credits/transcripts. 

Good luck to all those who submitted! Kinda worried about the low SIFT score but, there's nothing I can do to control it now!😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaSafari said:

Got word that I was allegedly selected today. Major weight off my shoulders there. 

Wow, congratulations man! That’s awesome, haven’t found out yet but hopefully I can meet you at Rucker soon.