STREET TO SEAT WOFT

Hello fellas I’m an airline pilot who is looking to fly the UH60s with the army. Been going around and talking to recruiters to have a flight board, and all they are telling me is that state national guard is not doing the street to seat program anymore. I wanted to ask if anyone knows a guard unit that is still taking cadets for WOFT with no prior service. 
The recruiter is trying to have me enlist as 15 mos and then apply for the board, I wanted to know if he is trying to have me just a quota by the end of the month or he is honest w me. 

• Alii changed the title to STREET TO SEAT WOFT

Every state does things a different way. Reach out to individual NATIONAL GUARD recruiters in whatever respective states you are interested in, and ask to speak with the WOSM, or warrant officer strength manager. They should have a good read on what the hiring situation is like in their state. I think it also wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask to be put in touch with whoever their liason is in the aviation unit.

Some states do require enlisted membership first. Others do not. 

On 5/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, mike0331 said:

Every state does things a different way. Reach out to individual NATIONAL GUARD recruiters in whatever respective states you are interested in, and ask to speak with the WOSM, or warrant officer strength manager. They should have a good read on what the hiring situation is like in their state. I think it also wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask to be put in touch with whoever their liason is in the aviation unit.

Some states do require enlisted membership first. Others do not. 

Awesome thanks brother, I have reached out to many states including Texas, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and Minnesota. Non is takings civilians, I reach out to couple more states and see what I can find. 

Do you have a 4yr degree? If so, try the AF Res or AF Air National Guard. They even have helos in their fleet as well as their own Street to Seat program. From AF Officer Training School (OTS) in Montgomery Al to AF pilot training (SUPT). No basic training required. The AF is conducting a new trial helo only program pipeline. Possibly no longer getting fixed wing training in the T-6A at SUPT for helo students.

AF ANG has HH-60Gs in Westhampton Beach NY, Sunnyvale Cal, and Anchorage/Fairbanks Ak. AF Res has HH-60Gs in Tucson Az and Coco Beach Fl.

Regarding the Navy and Marines, you must be a rated military pilot before flying in their Reserves. The USCG Reserves do not even have aviation assets.

Of course if you don't mind flying fighters, there could possibly be a F-22A in Honolulu Hawaii with your name on it in the AF ANG. If not you, some other poor, horny, unlucky 2Lt has to fly the $200M 5th generation fighter.😄

Do you have those qualities in being a military aviator?