FORT RUCKER LIVING/INPROSSESSING

Hello All, 

Hoping to get some clarification of how the first few weeks will look prior to reporting for WOCS. I am set to arrive in January but will not be starting WOCS for two weeks. Am I expected to have a home lined up to reside in from day one or will I be provided some form of temporary lodging while I wait on the availability of housing? I am just a little unsure of the entire situation as I am prior service (different branch of service) so day 1 on active duty for me is a PCS.

Also, anyone who has gone who was in a similar situation - any knowledge on how the first two weeks look prior to WOCS would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

You can check into the IHG if housing isn’t available under the BAH rate for your rank. You’ll just need a letter stating that they don’t have a house for you yet from corvias.  That will probably be easiest if you’re just waiting two weeks to start. 

• Like 1

Unless things have changed in the year since I’ve been there, When you get to Rucker you will check into WOCS HHC where you will be given a barracks room.  This is where you will live until you actually go to WOCS. Once you go to WOCS you will move into the WOCS barracks for the duration of the POI. When you graduate you will then check into B/1-145 and they will give you 10 days of “house hunting leave.” It’s not hard to find a place to rent off post, and if you already have orders you can get on the list for on post housing now so any wait time is minimal at worst. If you decide to live on post and your house isn’t quite ready you can absolutely do what GM1 said and still have a roof over your head until you move in on post. 

• Like 1

you can call Corvis housing on post and get on the “list” and have a place ready for when January comes. It’s not too early to call. Or you can find a place before you sign into post. When I came last January I had gotten a place on post then I signed into post in processed then signed into WOCS HHC and they had me do “busy work” until the report date of WOCS. It was just like a regular week at work. They didn’t keep me in the barracks until the start date of WOCS. If you’re a street to seater coming from basic I’ve heard of some guys having a place lined up so when they arrived after basic they didn’t need to stay in the barracks and had their families set up. Or you can get a barracks room go through WOCS then take the 10 days after to find a place and try to move before you start WOBC. I’m not sure how your situation will work but this is what worked out for me. 

• Like 2