Brushfire

Just had to say congratulations to Roger (Brushfire21) for passing his checkride today....no longer a student pilot. I know he's been studying hard and now its paid off ! Congrats..fly safe Goldy

Thanks everyone for your support and wishes! To all of you that are aboiut to take your checkride, I wish you all luck. Don't have much advice, but here is a few things:

1.) get a good nights sleep

2.) make sure you know your airspace for heli's

3.) know inside and out all the buzz words that you see flying around (read the PTS and know what things the examiner could throw your way)

4.) Do not to BS your way thru a question. Tell him/her that you don't know upfront. This goes further and makes more headway than digging a hole when you don't know anything.

5.) Listen to the question and answer only the question. If possibly keep your answer short, sweet and to the point.

You will make mistakes, both in the oral and in flying. We are not perfect and nerves play alot into the situation. I would say relax but it won't be possible, so do the best you can! Today I exercised my privileges and took my first flight (with the wife) after the checkride and it was awesome, and it was a great bday present to myself as well!

PS, Thanks Goldy! See you at the Hillar Air Show in San Carlos later this year----