Holy Cow!

CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS...REMEMBER, I'M ONLY A MESSENGER

Helicopter company grows by leaps and bounds

Former political candidate sets huge goal

BY BEN STEPHENS(L.V. Business Press, Fri. June 15, 2007)

Silver State Helicopters President and CEO Jerry Airola has his sights set on hitting the billion-dollar mark.

He predicts his annual revenue will increase more than sevenfold by the end of 2009. But in his quest for that 10th digit, the 2006 Clark County sheriff's candidate has some new tricks up his sleeve.

Airola announced earlier this month that his 8-year-old company entered into a collaborative agreement with Orange County Choppers, the custom motorcycle shop featured on the successful Discovery Channel cable TV series "American Chopper." The two companies are trading one kind of chopper for another.

Silver State customized a Bell L4 long range helicopter for Orange County Choppers, run by Paul Teutel Sr. and his two sons, Paulie Jr. and Mikey. In return, the trio is creating a custom-theme bike, which will be featured on two upcoming episodes of the series.

The announcement came as Silver State opened its first New York location at Stewart International Airport. The New Windsor, N.Y.-based flight school, which also will offer tours and other operations, marks the company's 34th location across the country. Orange County Choppers is based in nearby Montgomery.

Airola said the $2.2 million helicopter has about $200,000 in upgrades, among them tinted windows and an OCC logo enveloping the cockpit. "It looks like a limousine on the inside," he said.

The Teutuls have a two-year contract with Silver State that guarantees them "exclusive first right to the helicopter." The company will provide the helicopter and pilots, but has the option to use it for other operations the remainder of the time. "They expect to use it 20 to 30 hours a month," he said.

BIKE FOR CHARITY

Airola won't see the bike he'll get in exchange until August, which kind of sucks -- but ...," he said and stopped. The show's crew has already been in Southern Nevada and shot footage of him and the company in April. Airola predicts it will be good exposure.

"It's good for people to know your company's name without having to explain what it does," he said.

The bike, which will be toured around the country once unveiled, is to be auctioned off with all proceeds being donated to the Children's Health Center at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix. It's Airola's way of saying thanks to the hospital he credits with saving his daughter Amanda's life.

Last year when Amanda was born, her lungs couldn't function, and doctors gave her minimal time to live. She was flown to St. Joseph's, which had a machine that would artificially oxygenate her blood, giving her more time to live and doctors a better chance at saving her. "They, to this day, don't know what happened," he said.

GORILLA TACTICS

With 34 flight schools in the United States, not including Silver State's commercial-only operations, Airola called his company the "800-pound gorilla" when it comes to flight training. Deals to open two more schools in Hawaii are supposed to close in August, and then "we should be able to do one (deal) every five to six weeks."

The majority of the schools are start-up operations, Airola said, because it's affordable enough to start them from scratch. The smaller choppers cost a fraction of the price charged for larger models that are used for tours. To ensure a steady supply of flight training helicopters, Airola said the company keeps at least 40 on order at all times, at a cost of $200,000 to $400,000 apiece.

Larger helicopters cost millions, half the cost has to be paid up front and years pass before they are delivered, Airola said. To leap these hurdles, Silver State's sights are set on buying other tour companies that already have the helicopters in place.

Airola said he currently has enough cash flow and available credit to do $50 million to $60 million in acquisitions annually, which -- given the cost of the helicopters -- isn't very much. Next month, he's announcing a plan that will free him of those bonds.

"Next year, we'll be the 800-pound gorilla with anything that has to do with helicopters," he predicted.

Silver State met its $100 million revenue mark a year earlier than predicted, Airola said. The company is on track to generate $140 million this year, a 40 percent increase over 2006, said Airola, unveiling his next goal.

"We think we can build this into a billion-dollar business within the next two years," he said.

Yikes. For now, I'll reserve my thoughts on a few of his other comments.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS...REMEMBER, I'M ONLY A MESSENGER

Helicopter company grows by leaps and bounds

Former political candidate sets huge goal

BY BEN STEPHENS(L.V. Business Press, Fri. June 15, 2007)

Silver State Helicopters President and CEO Jerry Airola has his sights set on hitting the billion-dollar mark.

He predicts his annual revenue will increase more than sevenfold by the end of 2009. But in his quest for that 10th digit, the 2006 Clark County sheriff's candidate has some new tricks up his sleeve.

His eyes are bigger than his stomach. SSH does not have much in the way of commercial operations so how is he going to get to a billion in annual revenue! Training? I would guess that the entire helicopter training industry does not generate a billion dollars in annual revenue. A billion in annual revenue at $70k per customer is 14,285 customers...PER YEAR. There are only 26k active helo pilots in the US.

By way of comparison, PHI Inc had $413 million in revenues last year. PHI has 648 pilots, 220 domestic aircraft (152 in oil & gas ops and 68 in medical transportation...probably no Robbies) and they had 137k domestic flight operating hours.

Jerry has always made these kinds of windbag statements...he's a salesman afterall. The reality is he doesn't have the substance to make them come true. He spouted the same kind of nonsense when he was running for Sheriff in LV. Then, as now, he's long on grandiose self-promotion but that's really all he's got.

In fact, such outrageous statements should make prospective students question the guy's judgment. And his judgment should be a major factor in deciding whether to attend SSH. Because he is the sole owner of the company he has total discrection over how the students' advanced loan funds get spent. If cash gets blown on personal ego trips like custom aircraft for minor TV personalities will there be enough to fund the operations throughout the student's two years of training?

Thank God for the internet! I was dead set on going to SSH for training, (it was the financing that had the appeal), but after reviewing the information here, :huh: there's no way in H*LL I'm giving them a dime for my time! Thank you all for helping future wannabees. :lol:

Thank God for the internet! I was dead set on going to SSH for training, (it was the financing that had the appeal), but after reviewing the information here, :huh: there's no way in H*LL I'm giving them a dime for my time! Thank you all for helping future wannabees. :lol:

So was I, now I'm elsewhere http://www.silverhawkaviation.net/home.html

You can get financing at a lot of schools. I found a school I wanted to go to so I moved from Az. up to Idaho with the wife and 2 kids. Follow your dream if after yo look really hard at all that being a pilot entails and still wanna do it, then go for it.

www.verticalmag.com/control/news/templates/?a=4734&z=6

Hey 500E, why is it that when ever you post a url it never is a click on it to go to it link? :huh: I always have to copy and paste your links. Just curious if it is something you do on purpose or is it that your particular version of what I assume is Windows is older and my Mac program overlooked being compatible with whatever version of software you run or whatever. I'm not all up on computer savvy stuff, so I may be theorizing here in a way that displays my ignorance of computer stuff. :lol:

I think he is neglecting to hit 'enter' or hard return key after he pastes a link....

Hmmm, when I post up a link, I copy the url window by highlighting it, right click and copy, then I right click and hit paste and it makes it into a clickable link, so I do not have to hit enter at all, so I would never even think to offer that as a possible solution. Did not know that was how windows worked.

Thanks.

Using the latest version of XP pro with all updates high lite, right click, copy, paste, Hey ho!! strange software from USA I suppose.

(Sorry VP5)

Some time it makes a live link, other times not, it is a British computer and just taking the P**s. :ph34r: