R-66 Pix no joke!

rotor91

Per FAA database:

ROBINSON HELICOPTER CO (Corporation)

N466R ROBINSON HELICOPTER CO

R66 0001

-- (does not give engine specs)

on the JH forum, it said turbine from somewhere other than landings.com...not sure where though.

R91

Rotor91,

Did you take that picture yourself?

Very interesting but looks a lot like 44 with just different kind of engine.

Rotor91,

Did you take that picture yourself?

Very interesting but looks a lot like 44 with just different kind of engine.

No Fin, I did not take this picture. I got this off the JH Forum.

R91

Oh sh-- hah! That's great man! First look at serial number 0001... How exciting!

I see the funds they allocated for this new project were not used for appearance :)

Yeh it is quite ugly in appearance. Too bad they couldn't of done a little more plastic surgery on it so it wouldn't look like a 44.

It doesn't appear to have the underslung rotor system. Anybody know more about it?

I understood it was going to have the same rotor system, just about a foot wider and a taller mast for CG.

Wheres the carb heat ? If Frank keeps making them bigger, it'll look like a real helicopter some day !

Nice disclaimer Rob.....oh, no, I didnt take the picture !!! sure...

Edited by Goldy

Hmmm, what if they're just testing the new engine in a slightly modified R44 package? Maybe not, I kinda see the cargo area for "golf club sized" cargo Frank and Tim kept talking about...

Hmmm, what if they're just testing the new engine in a slightly modified R44 package? Maybe not, I kinda see the cargo area for "golf club sized" cargo Frank and Tim kept talking about...

With that 33 turbine sitting aft of the rotor mast, with full tanks and 100 pounds of golf clubs...maybe then I can get the thing to land skids level.

Does it have the T bar cyclic? anybody know?

Yes, yes it does...

From http://www.robinsonheli.com/prarchive/news...spring_2007.pdf

The R66 will retain many proven design features of current Robinson aircraft including

a two-bladed rotor, T-bar cyclic, and the same open cabin configuration found in

the R44. Seating will accommodate two adults in the front and three in the back. New

to the R66 is a dedicated baggage compartment large enough to hold golf clubs or a

professional chain saw and tools.

Just in case you see an opening in the trees somewhere, you always have your chainsaw handy so you can land, chop some trees down, throw some logs in the spacious storage area and fly home.

Edited by Sparker

This photo was taken from Robinson Helicopters Owners Group Website. (We don't Mind) We released this about 6am on 10/30/2007. The image credit will not be released as to prevent the photographer from being identified. This is the R66 before or after a blade test. The dimensions have been measured against known dimensions of an R44 and it is bigger. However, we speculate that this is not the final version. For most current information on the Robinson Family of helicopters please visit and join Robinson Helicopter Owners Group at http://robinsonhelicopters.org. (Shameless Plug) Thanks Folks!

Grant

Does anybody know why they don't make that T-bar cyclic into an inverted V, so that CFI's don't need to spend their days with their right hand hanging in space?

HVG

I like it this way. That way if the student starts to freeze up you can pretty much literally yank the cyclic from their hands and have total control. If it was positioned in such a way that both could have positive control on it then it could be a little more dicey at times. I know that it was not designed with that in mind and I don't know why they designed it the way they did, but in the end I like it.

• 1 month later...