GOM New Hires

Superglide

Since you say your starting another career I'm assuming that your over 18 so you should be clear for whatever job you want to do, but you have to build up at least 1000 hours for GOM, 2-3000 for EMS, 5000 for Long Lining, and anywhere from 500-1000 for ENG.

Another thing you have to be 21 (I think) for your ATP...

Check out the other forums for info on the particular work...

Edited by Future206Pilot

Since you say your starting another career I'm assuming that your over 18 so you should be clear for whatever job you want to do, but you have to build up at least 1000 hours for GOM, 2-3000 for EMS, 5000 for Long Lining, and anywhere from 500-1000 for ENG.

Another thing you have to be 21 (I think) for your ATP...

Check out the other forums for info on the particular work...

23 for ATP, and you must be "Of good moral character" in addition to some other requirements. I have always wondered what would make you "Of bad moral character," and if the FAA actually does a background check or anything else to confirm this.

Just a minor hijack, please forgive...

The only jobs that require an ATP by regulation are scheduled airline captains. That's what ATP means, airline transport pilot. However, there are a number of oil companies in the GOM which require captains flying for them (and some SICs, also) to have an ATP. It's really just a way for the oil company aviation managers to justify their jobs, but the overall effect is to push helicopter companies to require an ATP for IFR captains, and in turn they have to pay more for that. Most GOM helicopter companies pay extra for an ATP, generally $100/month or so. Having one makes you more marketable, and you can recoup the cost in less than a year if you get a job which pays extra for having it.