Warrant Officer National Guard

There are benefits to both communities. If you want to make a career out of crewing, then choose 15U. There are more flight slots at higher grades, so you can stay in a flight company. 15T tends to push people out of flight companies as they make SSG. 15U is also much more tight knit and the priority is placed more on aviation.

15T will give you a better shot at making rank fast. Your career will progress closer to how the army wants to see it progress. That'll give you a leg up for E7. There are also far more 15T slots. The biggest advantage, in my opinion, is that you have far more duty stations.

I would recommend 15T if your ultimate goal is to be a warrant officer. I say this as a 15U SSG.

Thanks for the info. Also, I found that there are 60's in Ft. Belvoir which is a lot closer than Aberdeen where the MD 60's and 47's are. I'm in Lusby, MD for anyone who is interested. So I'm thinking 60's are the best career choice, though I've always had a thing for the 47's, even as a Marine lol. I'm hoping to make it in as a E-5, that would be nice to retain that.

• 6 months later...

Well then lol, I guess it doesn't matter what I fly huh?

Haha, to a point. Hours rule most everything, although IFR time is always good for civilian helicopter employment. Flying a 60 will help you more easily transition into an S-76 in the Gulf of Mexico if that's something that interests you (Velocity posted a little more detail in another thread...can't remember the title of it). Each airframe would have it's own advantages for post-mil employment, but I will still argue that hours are what will get your resume onto someone's desk.

I really would be happy doing anything as long as I'm flying. I'm still working on V-22's but I don't even get to fly anymore, it's like a giant slap in the face. It looks like the hook is the best/closest airframe for me

• Like 1

I think you're bias man lol. No 15r here anyway though I did taxi one on the transient line the other day. I would like to go 58's but I want to crew while I wait for my package etc.