• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 11 November 2017 - 18:50

,...about 2:25

Maybe she didn't get the memo?
https://www.faasafet...w.aspx?nid=6910
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 Thedude

Thedude

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 21:57

I don’t see the problem.

#3 HeliHunter

HeliHunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:44

Link isn't working for me but I assume it has something with doing proper checks before takeoff?

What I find more interesting about this video is actually the fact that after about 10 seconds from takeoff her hand comes off the collective and does not go back until arriving at the airport. I understand you have to deal with radios/gps etc. but it's just casually not on it. Not saying this to attack the pilot because as a commerical pilot I see stuff similar like this that would make most flight schools faint.

My question is do other pilots on this form do this as well?

#4 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:43

Hmm, the link was working yesterday, but not anymore?!

Don't know what happened?,...but yes, it was to a letter I got from the FAA about a year ago, about performing a hover check, due to a rise in related incidents! I myself have seen quite a few videos of pilots just yanking it off the ground right into a turn! She wasn't as extreme as some, but I would have sat in a hover a bit longer myself!

As for cruising collective hand off? I don't think I do it,...I guess I'll have to see next time I go up? :)
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

HeliHelmets-VR HomeAble_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200PBH_HeliHarbor200DevoreHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200Home