4 replies to this topic

#1 nil5038

nil5038

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 20:44

Just out of curiosity. Not thinking about doing it myself. But I hear flight O's making the switch to warrant all the time. Are there ways to go from flight warrant to flight regular Officer?

#2 Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 19:52

Just out of curiosity. Not thinking about doing it myself. But I hear flight O's making the switch to warrant all the time. Are there ways to go from flight warrant to flight regular Officer?

Probably not, unless you're young enough to do ROTC by the time you'd be released from your first contract (ADSO). And then you wouldn't be competitive for aviation anyway/it would be a gamble if you were.  You'd most likely branch as a loggie or ADA at that point and hate yourself. Your ADSO puts you basically eight years out, so it's not a realistic goal to have.

#3 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 21:41

You can drop an OCS packet usually after a couple of years as a flight Warrant. You must have your 4 year degree, meet the age requirement and obviously your commander's approval in being selected. The ONLY branch out of OCS will be Aviation as a former flight Warrant. The Army wants you to maintain your skill set as an aviator.

#4 nil5038

nil5038

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:21

You can drop an OCS packet usually after a couple of years as a flight Warrant. You must have your 4 year degree, meet the age requirement and obviously your commander's approval in being selected. The ONLY branch out of OCS will be Aviation as a former flight Warrant. The Army wants you to maintain your skill set as an aviator.

is it done often? I dont see many benefits to going that route other than pay

#5 nil5038

nil5038

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:21

which aint a bad benefit i guess

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

BLR 200Genesys VR Forum 200FreeFlight_Home200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGuidance Home 200LakeSuperior200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200