Just a couple of photos

Posted this in training since I took them while training....well, before or after of course. :)

Since we've got cheaper fuel than some of the other airports in the area and we're in Class G airspace, we get visitors from time to time :)

A Coast Guard Eurocopter Dauphin stopped by one day during a day of training.

And the Blackhawk photo I thought was funny as it shows (sortof) the size difference between the MH-60 and an R22. To be fair the R22 is parked about 30 feet further back.

post-12987-1267083521_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267083532_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267083785_thumb.jpg

Edited by ABarnes

Holy. Profanity. Those are beautiful!!! My two most favorite helos in the whole world: the Dauphin and the Blackhawk. Just have a Huey there and I'd probably pass out.

EDIT: Wait a minute...that's an Army Hawk with a refueling rod.... MH-60/160th SOAR?!

Holy. Profanity. Those are beautiful!!! My two most favorite helos in the whole world: the Dauphin and the Blackhawk. Just have a Huey there and I'd probably pass out.

EDIT: Wait a minute...that's an Army Hawk with a refueling rod.... MH-60/160th SOAR?!

Only Huey I have is the static display at the museum across the road. It's seen better days.

post-12987-1267115468_thumb.jpg

The Mh-60 must be out of Washington. They've got a 160th detachment based up there. Nice photos BTW. I as well am a huge Dauphin fan, and I recently came from crewing 60s in the Army. One awesome bird with so many capabilities. Both of those machines are. Do share more photos of aircraft as they fly into McMinnville :)

ABarnes - do you have any more pictures of the Hawk? I really want to use a close-up one for my desktop wallpaper. I'll go with the Dauphin for now!

Hey Lindsey,

there might be some here:

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm243/R.../Other%20helos/

let me know if you want higher res..

dp

ABarnes - do you have any more pictures of the Hawk? I really want to use a close-up one for my desktop wallpaper. I'll go with the Dauphin for now!

I do have some more if you wanted that MH-60 specifically. If you just want a 'hawk in general, some of those shots RMH posted are much better. My only good lens is my 50mm and I didn't want to get super close to them and cause problems :) These are all from the parking lot with my bigger but lower quality lens. I can usually do much better with the 50mm :)

Throwing 03L in there as well for the heck of it. And maybe a few older ones from when I lived in VA. And the last one was a VA State Police Helicopter that was stuck on the roof of the hospital for three days. They had dropped off a patient and when they went to leave they had some sort of indicator come on and they had to leave it up there. I was told it was a TR chip indicator but I never really found out for sure. They brought in a blackhawk to airlift it off. It was a pretty impressive operation given the circumstances.

post-12987-1267341514_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341593_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341605_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341619_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341638_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341836_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341913_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267341980_thumb.jpg

post-12987-1267342381_thumb.jpg

Edited by ABarnes