Got the go

lol... with all the months of hassles I had with my packet my recruiter had to give me a hard time with it. I'd been waiting around all morning for the Nov board results and finally got the call:

Me: What did you find out???

Him: They canceled this month's board, looks like we'll have to wait for December's or January's

Me: ****** ******* that figures...

Him: Just messin with you man, you were selected!

• Like 1

I was selected Nov, finally signed my contract early Dec due to further delays. Some guys from the Nov board got a ship date in late Feb, I'm waiting (along with some others from the Nov board) for early May. So five months for me.

They have eliminated the backlog in flight school now. They will not send someone to Wocs without an ATARS date to start BOLC. So back off another 9 weeks for BCT.

Trust me, the hold, bubble, etc sucked ass. 6 months of life without purpose.

I recently heard that from my contact at proponent. You'll go as fast as you can make the next available date. Also heard from a guy selected from the Jan board that he has his date for BOLC, received it in an email. I never received one, no clue when mine is. He graduates WOCS in mid December, BOLC early Jan. I'm mid September, so assume early November? Hopefully flying in December/January?

Do have a question about moving though. Am currently in Idaho so after WOCS have to fly out and drive all my stuff out to Rucker. Do you do that right after WOCS and have a certain amount of time? Or fit it in when you can around training dates? I really wouldn't mind doing it after SERE (if SERE is before BOLC) since I'm bringing my dog with me and would be easier without the hassle of finding someone who can watch her for three weeks during the course.

Do they pony up the $$$ for me to fly home so I can move my stuff, or is that on my wallet? And moving expenses? Don't even want to know what gas is going to be by then... unless it goes down.

Edited by t.o.n.y

You will get 10 days of permissive TDY to move. You can add normal leave to that to extend that time. The govt will move your sh*t here or you can do a move yourself (DITY). I made about 3000 bucks on my move. As for travel back to your house....well, that is why we get paid the big bucks.

BCT

WOCS

DUNKER

BOLC

SERE

AEROMED

PRIMARY

INSTRUMENTS

BWS

ADVANCED

• Like 1

I think having a strong athletic background, 4 year degree, great lor's, and good comments on my board were what helped. The afast,apft, and gt are just small parts to the big picture. From the memorandum I recieved today it said those not selected lacked good comments from their interview and they didnt have full length color DA photos.

• Like 1

73/75 interview. The guy who deducted 2 points was from Purdue and I am an IU grad so I think there may have been something to that. The one BIG thing I got from doing interviews with pilots was that boards are looking for people who approached their essays with soldier first officer second and aviator third mentality.

• Like 2

I didnt go to purdue because I wanted to see squirrels and hippies in their natural environment as i went to class each day. Not too worried about the BCT location as long as I get to ship as soon as possible.

Haha, well congratulations on WOFT, im graduating this May 2012 from Purdue and can't wait to throw my packet in. If you have any pointers please let me know, thanks.