Army halts transfer into aviation branch

Before anyone freaks out from just looking at the title of this thread, this policy only effects Branch to Branch transfers of Army officers ie (Armor or Signals to Aviation). This does not mean that the Army is halting recruiting efforts . . . . . for now.

• Like 1

Before anyone freaks out from just looking at the title of this thread, this policy only effects Branch to Branch transfers of Army officers ie (Armor or Signals to Aviation). This does not mean that the Army is halting recruiting efforts . . . . . for now.

Yeah, I should of stated that... Don't want anyone having a heart attack. Just posted it up there for FYI.

Yeah, I should of stated that... Don't want anyone having a heart attack. Just posted it up there for FYI.

Just putting a caveat out there . . . for those of us that like to jump to contusions. :D

• Like 1

It's O grade officers only as well as they are requiring CCC in conjunction with IERW.

So even W2's looking to branch transfer are still eligible according to the limited information gleaned from that article. It was basically a full page story off of 2 sentences of information.

It doesn't say they're requiring CCC in conjunction. It just says that Rucker is where it's done.

Also, how do you get a W2 to branch transfer into aviation?

"The selected officers attend the Aviation Captains Career Course and flight training at Fort Rucker. Upon graduation from these courses, officers incur a six-year service obligation and are assigned to a combat aviation brigade."

Again this article is speaking directly to O grade officers.

So this has no effect on enlisted branch transfers? I am in the air defense branch and was planning on submitting my packet in this month.

No . . . Look at the above.