Important WOCS question!

On the 2808 form. Is it acceptable to have 1W flight physical checked? The WOCS orientation packet example says to have commission checked. I have called the WOCC # a few times and have heard that I was okay. But that was from candidates and not actual cadre. Anyone experience this?

Side note. I just got to Ft. Rucker if anyone wants to meet up for lunch or something let me know! I had no idea how small Rucker and the surrounding area was!

Oh by the way...The orientation packet doesn't really spell out the following question. When I report on the 19th is it like a snatch and grab where I'm whisked away or am I going home that night? Should I be showing up to the desk with a couple duffels or just my paperwork? Also, will they give me the WOC rank for my uniform and hat or should I purchase it? I feel like I'm missing a paragraph somewhere. I'll read the packet again when I get back to work Monday.

I've seen that question answered before. Up to the TACs. Some classes get to go home. Some stay but yes that is where you receive your WOC rank.

As for moving in. Ive combed through enterprise and daleville and got my eye on one house in each city.

I'm really stressed/nervous about this 2808!!!

I have my flight surgeon's pen corrections all over. However it still says 1A and specifies WOCS in other.

I don't think it is an issues. 1A is for commissioned and 1W is for warrant. Ive had both flt physicals and couldn't tell a difference in the methodology used

Ftxag76, your saying the physical you brought with you to WOCS was marked 1W and you weren't given a hard time?

I haven't made it that far... Yet!

That said, I have both a 1W and a 1A registered in AERO and from my observation, I couldn't tell you the difference.

The cadre and civilians that work at HHC aren't that bad to talk to, as long as you mind your Ps and Qs. If you have issues with your flight physical paper work, I'd recommend heading down to Lyster and getting it taken care of there.

If you take either Andrews Ave or 5th Ave towards Enterprise, you should get to Lyster.

That's the thing! My physical is good to go signed off by Ft. Rucker as far as flight is concerned but nothing specifies "commission" or "WOCS" like the orientation packet describes. I'm going to head into WOCC area tomorrow and start asking around. I hope a doc can just pen it in and initial.

Nobody at the WOCC is going to do anything to "fix" your flight physical. It is not their lane, especially the candidate sitting at the WOCS desk who may or may not be a flight warrant.

If you do anything, walk into Lyster and show them your paperwork. But here's the short answer - If you have a valid flight physical nobody at WOCS is going to care if it is marked 1A, 1W, or something else. It has no bearing on your attendance at candidate school. You are in all likelihood going to have another flight physical completed before you actually start flying anyway.

When you show up at WOCS it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to look at your flight physical - you are already past that point in your process and they train warrant officers, not pilots. In the highly unlikely event that they do and they want a different box checked they will tell you to go down to Lyster and have it changed - but that's not going to happen so don't worry about it.

Thanks for the response! That makes me feel more comfortable I have this fear they're going to be like nope. Wrong. See ya. try again.

The only reason I'm worried is because at the bottom of the orientation packet it has information about the physical and what should be checked.

I will update tomorrow with what they tell me at Lyster.

Thanks again for the response!

The only reason I'm worried is because at the bottom of the orientation packet it has information about the physical and what should be checked.

I know. Unfortunately, while it is a good guide about half of the stuff in that orientation packet you will look back on and realize it didn't apply or didn't matter at WOCS. Just like marking your underwear; chances are nobody will ever check but you'll still do it because the orientation packet, or the SOP you will get, says to. I'm not saying don't make an effort. I'm just saying don't sweat the small stuff, and what the flight doc chooses to write on your flight physical (at least at this point) is small stuff if you've already been selected. Anything related to flight will be corrected, if necessary, before you get to the flight line.

So I double checked...My flight surgeon checked three blocks. Commission, Flight and Other with "WOCS" specified. I think my bases are covered on the remote chance it becomes and issue lol. I know people show up without having even done the DL prerequisite, so I doubt they'll get as far as nitpicking our 2808s.

Wow! Your bases are covered! Is there any chance you can pm me his # I haven't had a chance to go on post today. Since I am signing my lease!

You can't be serious.. People show up to WOCS without completing DL?!?!

I was nervous to begin WOCS until I read some the crazy questions people would send in the DL distro email..

Pm.

I'm not sure how people don't get it done. The CW5 who wrote my recommendation goes over there every so often. He told me they weren't allowed to start the course.

Some of those DL questions were pretty silly. Try the warrant recruiting facebook. People just don't want to research.

I remember the hot topic when I was going through was the extra pair of dress pants. We had a WOCC forum that our class had a special thread for and mulitple people posted in their about the extra pair of pants.

One of our new TAC officers posted don't bother attending the course if you can't bring what's on the packing list.

Long story short, if it says 2 pairs of pants they wanted to see 2 pairs of pants.

Is the DL something I need to working on between BCT and WOCS or are there lessons I need to be working before BCT?

That's for folks doing the 5 week course.