Does everyone know the Robinson calendar life items under part 91 just applies to the blades?

I think buying a R22 that is out of the recommended 12 yr inspection, but still has time/hrs remaining on all parts is not only legal to fly under part 91 but probably safer than a home built!

• Like 1

An Airworthiness Directive came out in 2005 to replace the stainless steel -2 Blades with aluminum -4 blades and those blades are all about 9 years old. So you have new blades on an older overhaul. As it was an AD almost all were replaced in 2005 but if the helicopter hasn't been overhauled in the last 12 years then Robinson recommends that the entire helicopter be overhauled. The FAR's are different and if you have any questions you can call me at 561-346-2816. I have helicopters in boating areas East of the Mississippi and Freightliner truck and IA Mechanic that is constantly on the road. We can come and take a look at the blades, the logbooks and evaluate what you are looking at buying. Probably for free as I am a nice guy.

We recently did a prebuy on a helicopter that hadn't had a Inspection or an Annual in 13 years. The guy flew it on his farm and we didn't buy the aircraft as it needed everything but it was not airworthy. We did buy a helicopter that was signed off as airworthy but needed a tail rotor and we had one overnighted from RHC for about $7000. I'm always a buyer for Mariners and when they hit any of the trade classifies I'm on it! I am a regular buyer of these skid beta helicopters and if you see one for sale it might have been passed over by us and you can call me on that, too. If you just want to build some cheap time in helicopters I'm convinced that we offer the best deal as if you do 100 hours with us and you are a cfi we will hire you. You are NOT buying a job but paying for 100 hours of training and then we employ you. The Freightliner left Cleveland yesterday, looked at an aircraft in Illinois today and should be in Texas tomorrow. Then it heads back to Florida which is our base. Fly safely.

If you just want to build some cheap time in helicopters I'm convinced that we offer the best deal as if you do 100 hours with us and you are a cfi we will hire you. You are NOT buying a job but paying for 100 hours of training and then we employ you.

Let me get this straight. In 80 hours someone can not only learn how to fly from scratch, but also get an instrument rating. Yet it takes 100 hours of training to learn how to take pictures of boats?

5 hours maybe, but 100!? Look I'm sure you've given many a lowtimer their start, and sure taking pictures of boats could be a fun way to spend a weekend if you're just looking for a handful of hours. But lets call it what it is, yes you ARE buying a job!

Let me get this straight. In 80 hours someone can not only learn how to fly from scratch, but also get an instrument rating. Yet it takes 100 hours of training to learn how to take pictures of boats?

5 hours maybe, but 100!? Look I'm sure you've given many a lowtimer their start, and sure taking pictures of boats could be a fun way to spend a weekend if you're just looking for a handful of hours. But lets call it what it is, yes you ARE buying a job!

Tom says that at every opportunity, but I'm not sure he has persuaded anyone...especially on these forums.