CW2 Promotion

I know, I know. We should be dirty little newbie WOJGs for 12 years before pinning on CW2, and back in your day you received your orders type-written in a crusty Manila folder.

But in the here and now, I'm supposed to pin CW2 on 2 April. Is there something MILPER-wise I should be looking for? Will B co just know about it automatically (hahaha)? Anything I need to do?

I'm the only one in my class who will be promoting before graduation, so I don't really know anything about it.

• Like 1

Make sure your class leader lets your team leader know. The team leader at bravo tracks it and publishes your orders for you. You get to do the rest as far as ceremony and picking someone to pin you.

Unless something changed in a the last two months.

Yeah I don't know how promotions in TRADOC work - see if you can just do something really informal in the conference room that'll take no more than 10-15 minutes and then go do whatever with your buddies afterwards.

Not to hi-jack yet another thread, but is Rucker like any other TRADOC post? 4-days once a month, Christmas exodus, etc.?

Exodus, yes. 4 days only on major holidays, doesn't work out to once a month at all.

What was your timeline like to be promoted while still in training? I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if you've already answered.

I understand it to be 2 years TIG and completion of WOBC. When/how did you complete WOBC?

I completed BOLC (before they split BOLC and WOBC again) back in like June 2014.

Can I choose to have no ceremony, haha. But seriously.

Both guys in my class did it at the flightline and their IP read the riders and spouses pinned them. One brought a veggie tray and the other brought 12 little Caesars pizzas. Very 10 minute type thing then did our brief for the day. Literally the orders is the only thing that Bravo does, everything else is completely up to you

Both guys in my class did it at the flightline and their IP read the riders and spouses pinned them. One brought a veggie tray and the other brought 12 little Caesars pizzas. Very 10 minute type thing then did our brief for the day. Literally the orders is the only thing that Bravo does, everything else is completely up to you

Our last day at the flight line is two days prior.

Oh you are going to love it. You have to type a memo up just to take pass or leave!! Unless things changed since I left.

Meh. We had an NCO get a DUI which sparked the most insane drama I could possibly fathom. Every weekend, regardless if it was a regular weekend or a 4-day - every Soldier had to submit their "Weekend Plan of Action" which had a Primary and Alternate plan (front and back) which outlined the 5 W's and a POC of who you were going to be with.

• Like 1