CW2 Promotion

Are you bringing the step ladder, or is that an individual responsibility?

Well, I hear getting hit in the solar plexus hurts, and that's probably as high as I could go without one.

Usurp your class leader, go direct to B Co to check on your status. The pinning ceremony isn't nearly as important as making sure you're getting paid for it.

Sorry I'll miss "wetting down" the new rank. I'm not sure I could hit a girl, even for a pinning, might be my first

Mike-

Exactly. I guess it's something S1 would take care of?

You know you're getting old when you have to explain who they are...(not meant as an insult...I knew without the explanation).

That's because you're both old.

Just for clarification, WOBC and BOLC are not the same thing, correct? Will both be completed during the duration of WOFT?

The way it is now is that WOBC is for Warrants and BOLC is for LTs. Up until a few months ago both LTs and WOs did BOLC; there was no WOBC. They decided to split it because a lot of the BOLC stuff didn't apply to WOs.

The way it is now is that WOBC is for Warrants and BOLC is for LTs. Up until a few months ago both LTs and WOs did BOLC; there was no WOBC. They decided to split it because a lot of the BOLC stuff didn't apply to WOs.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks!

WOBC was flight school, in the past. Just think in terms of walking/tech warrants. They've always had a WOBC... it's the actual MOS producing school. If they're calling something else WOBC now, I'm a little surprised. (BOLC has several phases... I don't remember the details now... But the O's did BOLC II before they showed up, or something). BOLC III (Which in my day was split into A and B, 3 weeks each) was for everyone. They've gone back and forth on it a few times, though.

OBC and WOBC are/were essentially the same thing (flight school). BOLC doesn't/didn't have a specific counterpart on the warrant side, and I wouldn't be shocked to hear that non-aviator warrants have never done anything that they referred to as the same. In my experience, it was classroom related things; motor pool, supply classes, etc. The second phase was more of the same, and included the 9mm range, doctrinal classes, and a few AVCATT exercises.

You can check the HRC website for the promotion message for CW2. Print out a copy of the message and take it to B Co or S1. It will define the "as of date", April 1st, etc which should be when you get paid for the rank. When you on it on is just ceremonial.

I don't even think taking it to B Co is necessary. The promotion orders come from HRC, pay is managed by DFAS, both well above the B Co level. Unless the orders don't get published or DFAS somehow isn't updated there's no need to do anything locally.

You know you're getting old when you have to explain who they are...(not meant as an insult...I knew without the explanation).

Due to graduating flight school at almost 36 years of age, the only two people older than me on the 12/13 deployment were the TF Commander and our crusty ME. :( I was a W2.