Conditional release

All of the sister service applicatnts have a question for you...when you did your release you had to route it up through your chain of command and eventually up even higher. First off was it hard to get approved? And second did you put it before you submitted your package and after or just before?..thanks

• Like 1

My release was easy, routed it up through my chain of command and had t approved within a month or two. I put mine in before I had everything else done. I would say wait until you're closer to submit so you don't run into maybe having it expire before you get looked at. I was only going to be looked at for one board before mine expired, luckily I got selected on the first go.

• Like 1

My conditional release was one of the last things I did. I wish I started it early. For what ever reason, my battalion held onto it for 3 months before they pushed it up higher. Once it got past battalion I had it back in my possession in less than two weeks. I'm currently Army Reserve.

• 4 weeks later...