W-1 <2 years when finished with FS?

• 3 weeks later...

HRC is currently staffing an initiative to lengthen the time from WO1 to CW2 for aviation WOs to 3 years from the current 2. Expect to see it implemented sometime in 2017.

So with this in mind, it would be in my best interest to get into the WOCS class that graduates December rather than the one the begins in January? Currently a holdover at Rucker waiting on somebody to press the clearance button...

Still don't have to make CW5. You do have to make 4 though. You'll make CW2 with 2.5 TIS. CW3 at 8 or 9. And CW4 at 14 or 15. You wouldn't HAVE to make CW5 until 21 or 22 years TIS. You can retire at 20 as CW4 or be forced out around 22 or 23.

What is the promotion rate for CW4? In other words, I am an E-6 in the Illinois Air National Guard looking to become a WO, I have 11 years (4 1/2 years active) as a Guardsman, and am thinking about going AD. I want to know what the odds are that I would be able to retire militarily.

What is the promotion rate for CW4? In other words, I am an E-6 in the Illinois Air National Guard looking to become a WO, I have 11 years (4 1/2 years active) as a Guardsman, and am thinking about going AD. I want to know what the odds are that I would be able to retire militarily.

W4 is a long ways away for you, even if you started WOCS today. It's a useless statistic that will undoubtedly change a lot between now and then. (I also don't happen to know what it is at the moment.)

i.e. 5/6 years ago, you could not get promoted to W3 and be "ok" staying in. 2012 saw people being notified that they were no longer... SELCON? I think that was it... and they would be discharged in 6 months. I saw it happen to several IPs at Rucker while I was there. Which you would think wouldn't happen since I was there as Guard guy, because they needed IPs so badly...