Living situation at Rucker

I recently was accepted to attend WOCS. I report in two weeks. My class starts in June and ends at the end of July. With that being said, I’m trying to get a jump on finding a place to live following WOCS. Trying to live off base so I can pocket extra BAH plus currently at Stewart it’s a headache to even have family visit if you live on base. Does anyone have any recommendations to good places to look or certain parts I should sway towards or avoid? Any info helps. Thanks!

I 60% regret not living on post. I usually like living Off base. Enjoy getting away from work. But you’ll spend a lot of days where you have less than 45 minutes until your next event. Usually on my 15 minute trips two and from home on those days I wish I lived on post. 

• 2 months later...

my 0.02... Recommend living on post. I save a ton of time every day going to/from PT and to classes. Super easy to get people on post, if you're in the same car they don't even need a visitors pass. Also if you get a roommate you can still pocket half of the BAH on post since it's run by a Civ Company. 

My cohorts pocket maybe 200$ more a month but end up traveling probably an extra hour a day. IMO time is the most valuable commodity here. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:23 PM, Soon2be2LT said:

my 0.02... Recommend living on post. I save a ton of time every day going to/from PT and to classes. Super easy to get people on post, if you're in the same car they don't even need a visitors pass. Also if you get a roommate you can still pocket half of the BAH on post since it's run by a Civ Company. 

My cohorts pocket maybe 200$ more a month but end up traveling probably an extra hour a day. IMO time is the most valuable commodity here. 

This is what I ended up doing, as someone who was very used to living as far from work as possible.

+1 to living on post with a good roomie.