Has anyone actually gotten a waiver for vision just barely worse than 20/70?

Im pretty far along in the application process. I had an optometry exam today and my eyes tested at L:-1.25 and R -1.50. Both were listed at 20/100 but on a good day I can read the 20/70 chart. I had just taken my contacts out and hadn't been able to focus when I looked at the chart. 

My close up vision is a perfect 20/20 in both eyes. 

For reasons I won't get in to, I've been told I'm not a candidate for the Army Warfighter Refractive Surgery program so the vision I have is what I've got. 

Is it even feasible to think I may have a chance at a waiver? Has anyone heard of a waiver for something like this?

I've read through every applicable thread on here and Reddit but haven't really found a good answer here. 

I also have gotten a vision waiver approved. Throughout the journey of putting a packet together, some experiences seem to seamlessly smooth while those of us that require waivers and obstacles to hurdle over, you'll be discouraged by what some say. The best thing you can do is to just keep pushing for what you want. I thought my waiver wasn't going to get approved and sho'lnuff, it came back approved.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, BishopRealTalk said:

Im pretty far along in the application process. I had an optometry exam today and my eyes tested at L:-1.25 and R -1.50. Both were listed at 20/100 but on a good day I can read the 20/70 chart. I had just taken my contacts out and hadn't been able to focus when I looked at the chart. 

My close up vision is a perfect 20/20 in both eyes. 

For reasons I won't get in to, I've been told I'm not a candidate for the Army Warfighter Refractive Surgery program so the vision I have is what I've got. 

Is it even feasible to think I may have a chance at a waiver? Has anyone heard of a waiver for something like this?

I've read through every applicable thread on here and Reddit but haven't really found a good answer here. 

Personally I did street to seat and there was some confusion regarding my eye tests and I was temporarily DQ'd due to my right eye being worse than 20/70 (20/80 on paper due to an error on optometry's part) I was told the only way I would have been able to get an approved flight physical was to get lasik or PRK and then try again after a year. Luckily I actually am 20/70 in my right eye and the chart they tested me on originally skipped from 20/60 to 20/80 and did not even test for 20/70.