1. 1. Still editing

• 19 and under
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69+

Guest rookie101

I've seen a lot of guys on here post how old they are and I gotta say, there seems to be a lot of you 40+ guys on here. This sparked my interest in finding out the average age of those of you on here, because I think there are more than old (:P) 40+ folks roaming around here, but assumptions get me nowhere.

BTW- ignore that "Still Editing" title. Don't know what I was thinking :wacko:.

Guest rookie101
I'm 30.... not to hijack or change the topic... I'm getting married on Saturday! :D

Wish me luck!

Gunner

hey since I started this thread I can hijack it! Congrats there Gunner! Hope you and the new misses have an outstanding wedding. Hope she realizes she has to deal with your other marriage, helicopters. Everyone got their AIDS shots? (rhetorical question)

hey since I started this thread I can hijack it! Congrats there Gunner! Hope you and the new misses have an outstanding wedding. Hope she realizes she has to deal with your other marriage, helicopters. Everyone got their AIDS shots? (rhetorical question)

She gets it... AIDS.. Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome... My babe is so supprtive of my flying. It's really awesome! We've been together for 9 year so I guess it's about time! :o

I love her, and I love helicopters..... She loves them too..... and me, I hope!

See you all intwo weeks after the honeymoon!

Gunner

We all get old eventually, if we're lucky. The alternative isn't so good, but some of us do take that path. My goal every hitch is to get back home alive and unharmed. Everything else is secondary. EVERYTHING. If I don't turn a blade, the worst that could happen is that some oil company makes slightly less profit. And they ain't paying me a red cent of their obscene profits.

congrats gunner, hope it dont end up like mine---ALTHO?--she only got 1/2 of what i owned :) her lawyer got the other 1/2 :angry: and my thoughts on getting old ? "it sux" :o BUT?! as gomer points out, it does beat the alternative B) ( BTW 51 just nabbed me <_< )

oh BTW? gomer?,, i seen on the news this morning that exxon/mobil only had earnings of 110 BILLION?! ,, and poor ole chevron came in at a sad 67 BILLION,,, such a shame they dont share more of it with ya

And those figures are for the past quarter, not the entire year. And that's after tax, after everything net profit, not income.

I kinda thought thats what i heard too gomer, just the 1/4. Think i'll go back to working on my wind-up vehicles. These oil companies have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much $$ :o

Hello All,

Well, to be honest I am glad to see a bit on the demographics of those who post here in the forum. It is not to say that I was totally off in guessing ages, but I was surprised by some of the posts and the maturity of them. The part that interests me and maybe can lend some insight to the original quest for an age poll....the fact that I fall into the 30-39 group and we make up a large majority of those responses polled maybe due to you either really are getting to that point in your life where you want to fulfill a dream...and secondly, you finally have the means in which to fulfill it. LOL.

Best of luck all.

• 4 weeks later...

The other saying I like..."There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots."

I've been flying airplanes since I was 17. I was selected to be an F-4 Phantom Weapons Systems Officer at the ripe old of age of 21 and spend 3 years in the back seat of the jet with my fangs in the floorboards, my hair on fire and doing the speed of heat and I loved every minute of it. Then I was selected for helicopter pilot training and fell in love with helicopters. I've done all sorts of things with helicopters and have loved every minute of it as well. However, as I get older (turned 45 earlier this month) I have noticed that there are times that I am quite content with exploring the middle of the envelope. Not that I still don't enjoy 180 autos and aerobatics in a fixed-wing, I have found that while flying a 182 straight and level at 7,500 feet is not as demanding as aerial refueling an HH-3E Jolly Green Giant on NVG's, it is still flying and in the end, very rewarding.

Doug

Edited by HH60Pilot

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 26 with 56 hours. I have always been with the "older" guys. The next youngest guy I work with is 42. I moved out a month before I turned 14. I hope I make it to the point where I can do them, just being as safe as possible. I don't see 40 as old, the guys I work with make me laugh as much as I do them. You wouldn't know any of us were different ages except they have kids my age and as the remind me they own socks or underwear older than me...bad mental picture

Congratulations Gunner! I got married in September. My wife was about to go to Tanzania for two years when I met her. I encouraged her to go and told her I would be leaving for however long to fly when the time came and I didn't want to be responsible for her not going. She ended up not going but she can never hold it against me. I know the good women are out there who understand it. I think a huge benefit is when they know it going in. My wife is a Math Instructor so she is willing to move anywhere and wants to. She grew up with her dad working at GE for 27 years now, where I work now, and they relocate you every 5 years or so. Sounds like you got a good one too. We are young and so are you, I hope things work out great for you two!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm 30.... not to hijack or change the topic... I'm getting married on Saturday! :D

Wish me luck!

Gunner

Gunner - Marriage advice: Remember, screw up the laundry by putting a red sock in with the whites. That way you will never have to do laundry again. Best of Luck - Richard

i'm 20. it was kinda weird teachin you old guys at first. But it was even worse when i was 19. shoulda seen the looks i got, when i revealed my age to my students. But to all you young guys workin to be instructors, have confidence in your abilites and respect your older students and you'll gain their trust.

Gunner - Marriage advice: Remember, screw up the laundry by putting a red sock in with the whites. That way you will never have to do laundry again. Best of Luck - Richard

or just use the dryer, stupid dry clean only..

there is a reason they don't make cloths for guys like that!