Help find thread...

Klas

Dont Marpat have a hewey?

Yeah, but I remember a different place from that thread I am trying to find. Someone asked a specific question re "training offered in a Huey other than Bell for the transition course" & I think someone said in PA or something? I know it wasn't Marpat - besides, from what Bossman says, they don't do general training in it.

I am trying to find a thread about what schools other than Bell offer Huey transition course & I can't seem to find it - tried search. Anyone remember the thread & where it was?

I'll transition you to a Huey, $1,850.00 an hr for all the hrs you handle.

I'll transition you to a Huey, $1,850.00 an hr for all the hrs you handle.

I'll do better than that, $1,100.00 per hour.

bossman

I'll do better than that, $1,100.00 per hour.

bossman

Hard to maintain a UH-1 at $1,100.00 an hr. but if he will go for it at least you will put some time on some components.

Hard to maintain a UH-1 at $1,100.00 an hr. but if he will go for it at least you will put some time on some components.

Not hard at all. We fly her everyday for that and make money.

bossman

Not hard at all. We fly her everyday for that and make money.

bossman

Wow between fuel, ins, aquisition, fuel trucks, service vans, hangers, mechanics, fuel truck drivers, spares, Pilots, perdiem, hotels, and lets not forget the maint reserve for your component overhauls, There's alot of overhead, I just can't see it, we should be getting about $2,250.00 an hr. But If you want to do it for half price there's nothing we can do, but as a pilot I may be a little concernerd about strapping your machine on for a good days work, I would look her over real good, but thats just me. No disrespect my friend hope it works out for you, good day.

Guy

Edited by fatnlazy

Wow between fuel, ins, aquisition, fuel trucks, service vans, hangers, mechanics, fuel truck drivers, spares, Pilots, perdiem, hotels, and lets not forget the maint reserve for your component overhauls, There's alot of overhead, I just can't see it, we should be getting about $2,250.00 an hr. But If you want to do it for half price there's nothing we can do, but as a pilot I may be a little concernerd about strapping your machine on for a good days work, I would look her over real good, buts thats just me. No disrespect my friend hope it works out for you, good day.

Guy

First of all, the ship is already acquired and paid for. We do not use a fuel truck, no need. Our hanger is ours and houses all our helicopters. No fuel truck driver. Pilots are on salary. We do not need to be away from home so there are no motel, per deim, or meal expenses. We have plenty of spares. We fly her hard on fire and longline work. We train constantly. We are the FBO on the field so fuel is wholesale. The insurance is a little steep but we have a blanket policy that covers the liability on all our ships and operations. You would be more than welcome to follow one of the pilots around on his pre-flight. You would not be allowed to strap it on until we check you out. No disrespect my friend, it's an insurance thing, good day.

Mike

First of all, the ship is already acquired and paid for. We do not use a fuel truck, no need. Our hanger is ours and houses all our helicopters. No fuel truck driver. Pilots are on salary. We do not need to be away from home so there are no motel, per deim, or meal expenses. We have plenty of spares. We fly her hard on fire and longline work. We train constantly. We are the FBO on the field so fuel is wholesale. The insurance is a little steep but we have a blanket policy that covers the liability on all our ships and operations. You would be more than welcome to follow one of the pilots around on his pre-flight. You would not be allowed to strap it on until we check you out. No disrespect my friend, it's an insurance thing, good day.

Mike

Okay Mike perhaps I was out of line, Don't take it personal I just know what it cost us to operate and we wouldn't make any money if we operated for any less, we have very nice machines and it cost money to keep them that way. The next time I get Out that way I will stop in and follow one of your pilots around. Talk to ya later.

Guy

you two guys crack me up . .

clay,

Glad to hear that you are being entertained. fatnlazy is right, each area or part of the country has it's own set of fixed costs. I'm sure that if we were forced to move away from our area the cost would climb. As you can see, we get a little defensive when folks talk down to our machines. I am fortunate to be able to afford to offer lower cost rates for all our machines. I know that most of the other owners would, also, if their circumstances would allow. fatnlazy, you will be more than welcome to come visit us. I look forward to it.

bossman

Wow - fatnlazy & bossman, thank you both for the offers. Bossman, I will send you a PM so we can talk further, if serious.

Always serious.

bossman

is there any way we can get ya'll to discuss other hot topics in the helicopter industry?!?! it can be a dedicated room for you two. everyone can throw in a topic and ya'll go with what feels right. no offense to either of ya'll. and if either of you want to hand over free flight time of any sort, i'll make the trip

clay

is there any way we can get ya'll to discuss other hot topics in the helicopter industry?!?! it can be a dedicated room for you two. everyone can throw in a topic and ya'll go with what feels right. no offense to either of ya'll. and if either of you want to hand over free flight time of any sort, i'll make the trip

clay

Clay,

I've said it before, anyone is welcome to take a turn around the patch. All you have to do is show up.

bossman

MVC_017S.JPG

Wow - fatnlazy & bossman, thank you both for the offers. Bossman, I will send you a PM so we can talk further, if serious.

klas,

I've been trying to answer your pm. Can't seem to get it to go through for some reason. Shoot me an email. mholb61526@aol.com

bossman

klas,

I've been trying to answer your pm. Can't seem to get it to go through for some reason. Shoot me an email. mholb61526@aol.com

bossman

Hi bossman - got all 3, they went through fine. Will call you probably next week to set up something - it'll probably be in either Sept, Nov or Dec as that is when my next vaca's are up.

Thanks again! And can't wait to get down there...

Offering my service as a co-pilot for free

This kind of postings just make me SIC(K)... :(

Hi bossman - got all 3, they went through fine. Will call you probably next week to set up something - it'll probably be in either Sept, Nov or Dec as that is when my next vaca's are up.

Thanks again! And can't wait to get down there...

We'll be going into our fall fire season pretty heavy in October. Come down anytime from Sept. thru Dec. and you'll probably get some time flying fire. We're here 7 days a week. Whenever you are ready give us a call.

Mike

We'll be going into our fall fire season pretty heavy in October. Come down anytime from Sept. thru Dec. and you'll probably get some time flying fire. We're here 7 days a week. Whenever you are ready give us a call.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

I'll get the Huey rating...If you can offer me co-jo job for a few hundred hours! (At no cost to you) Offering my service as a co-pilot for free to get SIC hours.

And we wonder why salaries are low. Any pilot that does this is a shame to the industry. As a commercial pilot you are a proffesional and should act like one. Saying you'll fly for free is not the sign of a proffesional pilot, rather someone who doesnt have much ethical standards.