Who knows Kauai

Goldy

So, I'm off the the islands next week for a few days of doing nothing. Well, maybe I could go flying! I was wondering what the options are on Kauai. Maybe take an Astar up with a pilot, or grab a 44 with a local and go check out the sites.

So, give me some ideas about seeing the island from 500 feet !

Goldy

Non-helicopter related, but I did an ATV tour a few years ago when I went there. It was a lot of fun and I suggest doing it if you have a few days to burn. http://www.kauaiatv.com/ I went with them. The mud buggies are a ton of fun.

Also... If you like chicken, there's a TON of them walking around that island!

Go with Jack Harter helicopters and opt for the MD500 flight with the doors off. Cots a little more than the generic A-Star tours, but well worth it.

That is the tour I did also, pretty sweet!

Also Mauna Loa Helicopters has a school on Kauai, not sure if they have an R44 at that spot or not.

http://www.maunaloahelicopters.com/helicop...ols-hawaii.html

Mauna Loa Helicopters is the way to go! They have both the R44 and R22 to fit your budget. The pilots know the island like the back of there hand. Kauai is amazing! I hope that helps, enjoy.

Thanks Miyagi for the hook up. I'm on the schedule for Monday morning in the 44. I love 22's, just dont love flying them as much anymore!

Goldy

Thanks Miyagi for the hook up. I'm on the schedule for Monday morning in the 44. I love 22's, just dont love flying them as much anymore!

Goldy

Miyagi was right on the money Goldy. I went up with them when I was visiting my dad in January. The CFI I flew with, Aaron Mauck, was great. He is now on Honolulu but if the other CFIs are anything like him you will get in some great flying.

Kauai is an amazing place. Check out the blue room out towards the end of the road on the North Shore. Very short hike up from the side of the road.

http://www.bestplaceshawaii.com/tips/hidde.../blue_room.html

There is also a great little cold pond out in that direction. I think I remember it being out by the botanical gardens; first stream crossing, only room for one maybe two cars. Definitely not a tourist thing. Great place for a quick dip if it is hot though. My sisters went there all the time when they lived on the North Shore.

Enjoy yourself.

Go with Jack Harter helicopters and opt for the MD500, you have done the reading do the conversion,Only 5 hours, that way you explain to others it was carer advancement. :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Whatever you do, don't eat at the little hot dog stand in Hanalei Bay...I've never been so sick in my life!!

OK, I skipped the hot dogs, but took the 44 for a spin with Grant from Mauna Loa. Very fun flight, weather was great...only a few minutes of rain to fly thru. It's a great island, hope to get back there sometime soon.

Goldy