Weight issues

So I currently figuring out my weight issues is there a max weight for the helicopter program in any branch of the armed services. As the weight for the R22 doesn't take to heavy guys it limits my doing CFI training even if I do get my commercial because you only have the option of taking care of the smaller student pilots.

Edited by Teljkon

I don't know about the military, however, I have seen some job ads for EMS and Tours, that limit weight to 200lbs. Its a tough world for those of us who like to eat. ;)

If you want to go the CFi route, you might want to consider training in an Enstrom. The job choices may be more limited, but competition should be as well. :huh:

Edited by r22butters

is that a Shweizer 300 or or a Hughes 300 they look almost the same idk much about types yet and even a search on google images and you tube show a few different types of helicopter. Its seems to be the classic the public don't now jack about aircraft problem and there are a bunch of things miss labeled.

Its not just liking to eat for me I think 190 would be border line unhealthy for my frame. my minimum would be like some where just over 200

Edited by Teljkon

So I currently figuring out my weight issues is there a max weight for the helicopter program in any branch of the armed services. As the weight for the R22 doesn't take to heavy guys it limits my doing CFI training even if I do get my commercial because you only have the option of taking care of the smaller student pilots.

I would think that after you complete all the physical training in the military, your weight won't be an issue. But I did find this:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyjoin/l/blintweightmale.htm

Blake #2,

I signed into WOCS weighing 203 and i was in damn good shape. Just my normal work out routine keeps me about 215-220. I fly a Chinook. Pilot's weight means nothing to this helo. I always pass 'tape'.

Chad #1