Resume

I'm wondering if a couple of you owner/operators, hiring managers, and cheif pilots out there would have a look at my resume and tell me what's wrong with it. What do I need to change ? I can't tell you how many times I've sent it out, and can't even get a response.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Keith

Have you made any face to face talks with any of the companies you seek? Just sending a resume in won't get you a job these days with the helicopter industry. Imagine how many other resumes get sent in to these companies without the people actually making an appearance. The companies are busy hiring people that walk into the company to introduce themselves. Just a piece of advice.

I'm wondering if a couple of you owner/operators, hiring managers, and cheif pilots out there would have a look at my resume and tell me what's wrong with it. What do I need to change ? I can't tell you how many times I've sent it out, and can't even get a response.

Thanks for your time,

Keith

I wish I had a link handy to some previous responses I have made. Stop wasting your time with resumes. Good luck on your search.

Stop wasting your time with resumes.

I have had one job offer and an interview offer with a major canyon company in the last month and a half from "just sending a resume".

Unfortunately due to current and new TSA regulations, it can be quite difficult to get past the airport fence. So it can be difficult to get to see the people you need to, at times. Other operators require you to send resume only when they are hiring, usually due to government regulations or EEOC requirements. I have gotten jobs both ways. From just a resume and from networking.

Keith, I have been a chief pilot in the past so PM me.

I have had one job offer and an interview offer with a major canyon company in the last month and a half from "just sending a resume".

Ah,...but how many hours do you have?,...and if you say less than a thousand, I'm jumping off the Golden Gate! :lol:

Keith, I can't tell you that there is one "canned" answer that will satisfy your frustration in the job seeking process. In my years of experience in a former profession, I was very successful following Goldy's tactic by meeting face to face, and the hell with a resume; appearance spoke a thousand words if done correctly. I will share my experience with you and others for what it's worth. 1. When I was looking for my first CFI job, I travelled around many states meeting with flight school personnel and the vast response I received was that they would only hire CFII's. I headed the advice and went back to school to obtain my instrument rating to my CFI certificate. I then repeated the process of revisiting the same schools as before across many states and the vast responses I received was that insurance minimums were 300 hrs total time for new hires. I headed the advice and spent the next year building additional time from 215hrs to 300hrs. Then I repeated the process of visiting the same schools as before across many states, but then the responses I received varied from 1. We don't hire anyone after 90 days post CFI-checkride (skills have diminished), 2. It's obvious no one else has hired you, so why should I (must be something wrong with me), 3. I did receive a hire offer for an entry level instructor, but starting as a janitor (offended, but accepted). I wasn't able to start the next day (needed 2 weeks in order to give notice at current employment), so the offer was withdrawn. This whole process took many years, many $$$$, and many frustrating nights. There are others who land a job the day they graduate. The point is, finding your first teaching job will be a combination of luck, timing, networking, resume sending, in-person introductions, and/or a combination of all the above. Good luck to you, and remember to have a good attitude. All is not lost!

Thanks for your time,

Keith