Looking for a good Helicopter School

Hello every body, I live in France and I'm looking for a Helicopter School to do a commercial training starting from zero. I called Helicopter Academy in fort Lauderdale FL, I'm very interested on it because they offer an opprtunity to build hours after 300 flight hours.

So, I'd like to know more about this school. Are they serious with all their propositions in their web site?

Please if you can, answer me!

Thanks

Research the schools as much as you can. Look into advice from a lot of people on the forum here. Most people will probably tell you to steer away from Helicopter Academy. To each their own. Most of the people on here don't like the way Helicopter Academy does business. With that being said, you can definitely find a more reputable company to do your training with.

Whats your situation currently like?

Do you have a Private license?

Is money not an issue for you?

How much flight time are you looking to build aside from what you will gain during your commercial?

These are questions that may help figure out a school for you, and I'm sure others will comment with information as they see it.

I'm going to have to agree with R22 Butters on this one.

Same here. I did a few hours with them and would be happy to answer any questions you have by PM about Helicopter Academy. I may not agree with the way HA markets themselves, but I feel the same about most of the schools out there.

Aside from that, think about what makes a "good" school. Many schools have "good" instructors, good maintenance, good equipment, etc. There are only a few that would stand out in terms of a providing an extraordinary educational experience or value.

• 2 weeks later...

The company that I did my training at has to date offered every graduate a position as a CFII. Including myself. If location isn't a concern then I would recommend them. They are part 61 and fly the Robinson and all of your flight time will be mountainous. The school is Utah Helicopter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You may also want to check out Guidance Aviation. Their faculty has a strong academic background, very new and well maintained equipment, great reputation and it is Part 141 high altitude helicopter training. You can view testimonials of students at www.guidance.aero/guidance-aviation-tv

Best of luck to you.

Really? Utah helicopters offers a job to every graduate? What if they suck as a pilot and are unsafe? Or do they only offer instuctor jobs to people who have proven themselves?

If you suck as a pilot and stll manage to graduate perhaps they offer you a job as a janitor? Read the fine print!

:D

If you are not a us citizen then you would need the TSA autorization and only a few schools in the US offer a visa program to assist with this. If you are a citizen or have the visa to get into this country and flight train then welcome to the big choice. Choose wisley as everyone thinks they offer the best training.