VERY SAD NEWS FOR VR MEMEBERS

Very sad indeed. I didn't know ADRidge personally but always enjoyed reading his posts. Like I said to a fellow pilot while discussing the loss of another friend last year, this industry is tough on your heart and soul. We share a unique bond that is sadly only recognized sometimes when it's too late.

ADRidge,

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8: 38-39

Godspeed my friend. For us left here, your departure is a sobering reminder that our trade is very unforgiving and that diligence is essential.

Prayers to the family.

• Like 1

AD-

While we never met in person, we have exchanged comments and topics here. Thank you for your contributions and helping to make this site what it is. You will continue to live through VR. You were way too young to depart; I think Flingwing206 (John) was one of the first to greet you.

You, your family, friends and coworkers will be in my thoughts and prayers.

- - - -

ADRidge,

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8: 38-39

Godspeed my friend. For us left here, your departure is a sobering reminder that our trade is very unforgiving and that diligence is essential.

Prayers to the family.

Lyn-

AMEN.

Ripped from Chopperchick (Desiree) - this provides me with perspective for all of my flights:

The Helicopter is my office. It is a place where I experience many emotions and learn many lessons. It is a place of work, but also a keeper of dreams. It is a place of deadly serious encounters, yet there I discover much about life. I learn about joy, sorrow, pride and humility, fear and overcoming fear. I see much from this office that most people will never see. At times it terrifies me, yet I can always feel at home here. It is my place, at this time and space, and the Helicopter is mine for these moments. Though it is a place where I can quickly die, the Helicopter is a place where I truly live.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

• Like 7

Sucks to lose a VR comrade. Watch those wires, most of my time is in the wire environment and I still have close calls on a regular basis. It takes constant vigilance. RIP

• Like 1

Sucks to lose a VR comrade. Watch those wires, most of my time is in the wire environment and I still have close calls on a regular basis. It takes constant vigilance. RIP

It's almost like they string wires right where you always have been flying, and know they're no there.

FROM ADRidge Mom:

Rob, Thank you so much for your message. It means a lot to me to know that Andrew was so well respected professionally. I know he mentioned you and Dennis to me. Yes, I am a lucky Mom to have had Andrew. I only wish it could have been for another 50 years or so. He was so excited about finally flying professionally. Andrew was so cognizant of hazards, and so conscientious. I was never concerned that he would fly under dangerous circumstances, use poor judgement or be anything but a true professional.

Thank you again for writing to me. I will check out the Vertical Reference Forum. Please tell all his heli buddies that he is their heavenly co-pilot now.

Take care,

Claudia

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
I was very fortunate to have met Andrew at H/E 2010 in Dallas and have enjoyed reading his posts. He has contributed a lot to this forum and he will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

Ironranger,

I agree with you! We had a pretty good visit at Expo 10'. I really miss the VR chat feature and chattin with Drew.