Where to get a house?

Well hello again,

I'm about a week out from completing the first phase of my training. I'm in the process of looking for a house/townhouse/loft to rent for IERW and the rest of my training while at rucker. Does anyone have any good leads on people that may have a house for rent in the area or possibly a good realtor that they've worked with in the area?

Sincerely,

Ian E Mihlfeld

I think I might have found a good place outside the Ozark gate. I am a little bit country by heart, so I was trying to find a place with a little bit of privacy and I think I finally did. Hopefully it'll work out, am supposed to go look at it on Friday. I hope I can move in right away. We'll see what happens. Till then i'll be living in the onpost hotel.

• Like 2

Just remember, it's great living in the country, until you need to be on post every morning at 4am, or whatever it is.

Just outside the Daleville gate, behind the high school there are a few neighborhoods I didn't know about, and surprisingly few flight schoolers live there, to my knowledge. Enterprise...you're going to be around all the students. Fact of life. There's nothing wrong with it, though.

For me, convenience was key above all else. (and I learned that the hard way after living in Ariton for 3 months or so) Try not to rent from Realty Executives...they're horrendous. They were blacklisted for a (Far, far too little) short time this past spring. I don't know what they did to recover from it so quickly, but if I'm ever back here again, I can promise I won't be renting from them.

Just remember, it's great living in the country, until you need to be on post every morning at 4am, or whatever it is.

Just outside the Daleville gate, behind the high school there are a few neighborhoods I didn't know about, and surprisingly few flight schoolers live there, to my knowledge. Enterprise...you're going to be around all the students. Fact of life. There's nothing wrong with it, though.

For me, convenience was key above all else. (and I learned that the hard way after living in Ariton for 3 months or so) Try not to rent from Realty Executives...they're horrendous. They were blacklisted for a (Far, far too little) short time this past spring. I don't know what they did to recover from it so quickly, but if I'm ever back here again, I can promise I won't be renting from them.

That's why Ozark isn't a bad choice. There are plenty of places to live where you won't have any neighbors nearby, but you're about the same distance from post as Enterprise. Ariton would be rough. I wouldn't recommend Dothan either. I lived in one of the first neighborhoods off of Rucker Blvd and by the end of flight school I was even tired of that commute.

I still always vote on post. The 10 minute, max, drive to the flight line or any class is a thing of beauty. No gate lines. You'll save so much time you can just go and camp on the weekends to get your country fix.

I think the shortest commute possible is always better. I remember reading that in order for somebody to live on post, he/she needed to have and bring dependents. Is that true?