Flight Physical

I'm going for my flight physical tomorrow and my recruiter didn't give me any information except where to be and when. I know a lot of you have taken it, is there anything I need to do to prepare for it? I'm not sure what all it entails I'm just wondering if I need to fast tonight or anything.

Thanks

I'm going for my flight physical tomorrow and my recruiter didn't give me any information except where to be and when. I know a lot of you have taken it, is there anything I need to do to prepare for it? I'm not sure what all it entails I'm just wondering if I need to fast tonight or anything.

Thanks

Depends. If you have 2 part physical or if they are going to knock it out all in one day. Where are you taking your flt physical?

Like Lindsey said fast for 12 hrs for blood work. My recruiter failed to mention this to me and told me the morning of, after breakfast. I still did all other labs and eyes and ears and all but had to come back for blood work another day and I live 3 hrs away.

I was so stressed about my flight physical, I didn't get any sleep the night before and didn't really drink much water either. As a result...my blood sugar levels were "slightly elevated" and I had to go back and do that blood test again. Well within the normal range the second time. Sooooo, get some sleep, drink water, don't stress out. Haha. ;)

Thanks for all the help. Fort Sill is about 4 hours from me and I wouldn't want to make another trip.

I did mine at Fort Sill and it is about 4.5 hours from me. My EKG came back a little funky and had to return for echocardiogram a week later. The drive is horrible. Other than that the people were good and the physical went smooth. I had Dr. Ryan and she is a behemoth of a woman. I'm 5'11" 160 and she scared the sh@t out of me. Great woman though.

• Like 2

One day actually, if I'm reading his posts right. Insane. Why can't I have that kind of luck? Pout.

Either way, one day or two, that is a very hopeful sign.

• 4 weeks later...

So can I expect to get my stamped paperwork back from Rucker within a few day? Having difficulty getting my recruiter to get me in for the physical to begin with.

Your prior right? Just call the medical clinic and sent up an appointment. That's what I did.