While studying for the SIFT I have been skimming through a book written by CW4® Jim Boroch called "Surviving WOCS a Guide to Applying for the Warrant Officer Candidate School" and came across a part where he said you could actually bring your POV to WOCS. Is this current and if so would you recommend bringing your POV or would flying in to Dothan, AL? It's been 5 years since I have been on a military installation so what are the steps for getting your POV on base?

Lots drive to wocs however they store your vehicle for you in a fenced lot and you only have access to it on Sunday's for a few hours to run it and maintain your battery charge. I would have drove but I live in Arizona... Too far

I would advise bringing a vehicle. It will make it much easier to run into Enterprise when the shopette runs out of the supplies you need prior to your class picking up. Plus if you end up on holdover for any reason you can practice for SERE by escaping and evading down to the beach.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

For street to seat guys, your chances of having a vehicle are none. Straight from basic to WOCS. Others from NG or AD drove down and then parked their vehicles like Yamer described above.

If you come straight from the Meps they will give you pcs orders authorizing travel via POV. I just did the same from California and you'll be able to drive on with your orders and ID (drivers license is fine). No more stickers like you were used to. I would recommend it so you can still do things you realize you need to during the 10 day early period.

Everything was out of pocket, but they were quite quick on paying me back for the DITY move, I think 2-3 weeks. If you decide to dity, call Rucker travel office and find out what documents you need to bring them, meps will give you no guidance.