Straight to WOCS

Civ applicant here. If accepted, I will not have to go to basic (prior Army) and probably won't have to go to WOCS (prior Officer).

If this turns out to be true and I report straight to WOBC, does anybody know if lack of basic and wocs requirements will push my ship date to the left or the right? 

No idea about ship date, but I bet MEPS sends you here like you are goin to WOCS. That’s what they did for me and I had to wait here for my 4187 to process for equivalent credit (from OCS). If I were you I would have that and the supporting documents ready to go so the day you get selected you can submit it to the WOCC. Took about a month for mine to come back approved. If you have any questions on it let me know. 

So when I did my inter service transfer and reverted at the same time I went to MEPS they cut me orders and put me on a plane to Dothan. And yes you should submit your paperwork as soon as you get selected so you don’t get stuck somewhere you shouldn’t be (i.e. in hold platoon at WOCS HHC)

1 hour ago, mike0331 said:

So you guys "PCS" down there via MEPS? Like the boot camp "shipping" process? Or MEPS just cuts your orders? Just curious. 

I'm not sure how the process would work for a prior Officer, but for anyone curious about prior service applicants in general I just signed my enlistment at MEPS today. As I understand I am supposed to show up to the same MEPS in early August and get inspected for height/weight/ still having all my appendages. Then I'll swear in and walk out the door, get in my POV and drive to Ft Rucker for my class date which is roughly two weeks later. They said I could alternatively arrange for airline tickets but I feel like I'd have a hard time collecting all my uniforms and gear I'll need with a taxi. Apparently they do not pay for this move if I do it in this manner- gas and hotels and such are all on me if I choose to drive there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CrayonEater said:

I'm not sure how the process would work for a prior Officer, but for anyone curious about prior service applicants in general I just signed my enlistment at MEPS today. As I understand I am supposed to show up to the same MEPS in early August and get inspected for height/weight/ still having all my appendages. Then I'll swear in and walk out the door, get in my POV and drive to Ft Rucker for my class date which is roughly two weeks later. They said I could alternatively arrange for airline tickets but I feel like I'd have a hard time collecting all my uniforms and gear I'll need with a taxi. Apparently they do not pay for this move if I do it in this manner- gas and hotels and such are all on me if I choose to drive there.

That's how I did it. Drove from Raleigh to Rucker, started WOCS 6 days later.

• Like 1