Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
parking

Seat to Street MEPS w/ Prior Service

Recommended Posts

Due to my incorrect assumptions, my stamped 2808 and FDME while I was active duty cannot be used for a seat to street WOFT packet, even if it was still valid within 18 months. So I'm having to go through MEPS now. I had to resubmit paperwork for the VA service connection and dig through old files to find my PRK pre/post op stuff I did 10 years ago.

I've been waiting for about 4 weeks and getting an update from the recruiter at least once a week. They haven't got any word back. My recruiter has been straight with me so far, so I don't have reason to believe they are steering me wrong. Just had to miss the last board when I thought I was ready. This is the only thing I have left in the packet.

Just wanted to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation: How long does it take for you to get everything from the MEPS initial exam to a stamped 2808? Does the VA and PRK paperwork add a bunch of time to the right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a long haul for me.  Even with a stamped approved Army flight physical MEPS didn’t like something with my PRK and made me get a waiver for it. I did not have to deal with the VA as I was still serving (my recruiter screwed me on that) so I can’t speak to that but I missed 6 boards because of MEPS and all told was 1.5 years of work (read waiting) to finally get on a board. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what exactly are you waiting for? I am street to seat with prior service, completely disconnected. I did my MEPS physical in November and Im right in the middle of my Flight Physical. I don't see why getting the stamped 2808 back from Rucker would be any different than any other street to seater? Unless im in for a doozy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jkray said:

It was a long haul for me.  Even with a stamped approved Army flight physical MEPS didn’t like something with my PRK and made me get a waiver for it. I did not have to deal with the VA as I was still serving (my recruiter screwed me on that) so I can’t speak to that but I missed 6 boards because of MEPS and all told was 1.5 years of work (read waiting) to finally get on a board. 

Bummer, that longer than I'd like, but I'll have to prepare for that. As I came across comments during my research, MEPS can be more difficult than the Flight Physical itself. Thanks for your input.

52 minutes ago, Crash7051 said:

So what exactly are you waiting for? I am street to seat with prior service, completely disconnected. I did my MEPS physical in November and Im right in the middle of my Flight Physical. I don't see why getting the stamped 2808 back from Rucker would be any different than any other street to seater? Unless im in for a doozy 

Waiting to get my actual MEPS physical scheduled. I already had a flight physical stamped when I was still active duty, intended for the in-service board. Had a change in plans and I EAS'd. Now I'm applying through a recruiter as a Seat-to-Street WOFT applicant.

Erroneously thought I had everything in my packet complete and was to submit a few months back, but only thing missing after a QC was a USMEPCOM 680-3ADP form. What I submitted was a FDME (HQ USAREC Form 3.1 and flight physical aka 2808) from my aforementioned AD time, and the Form 3.1 was not acceptable, regardless if my 2808 was stamped. Seat-to-Street requires you to go to MEPS.

Did you have a VA rating? How long did it take you to get your MEPS exam in November, after you submitted your initial 2807?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, parking said:

Waiting to get my actual MEPS physical scheduled. I already had a flight physical stamped when I was still active duty, intended for the in-service board. Had a change in plans and I EAS'd. Now I'm applying through a recruiter as a Seat-to-Street WOFT applicant.

Erroneously thought I had everything in my packet complete and was to submit a few months back, but only thing missing after a QC was a USMEPCOM 680-3ADP form. What I submitted was a FDME (HQ USAREC Form 3.1 and flight physical aka 2808) from my aforementioned AD time, and the Form 3.1 was not acceptable, regardless if my 2808 was stamped. Seat-to-Street requires you to go to MEPS.

Did you have a VA rating? How long did it take you to get your MEPS exam in November, after you submitted your initial 2807?

 

Well you sound more complicated that me ha. No I don't have a VA rating. It took like two weeks to schedule it I think. And I have no idea what a 2807 is. My recruiter handled that part. I just picked the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW I'm Navy prior servicer enlisting in the Guard to try that route. I had a hand injury 5 years ago that got cleared by the Navy with no issues. I think my recruiter started submitting paperwork to MEPS in order to get a physical scheduled with a waiver back in like Nov? I'm just now going this week. So 3 months of back and forth with MEPS about just random stuff they wanted, including requesting documents that were already submitted or didn't exist haha. So hang in there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're currently in service in a different branch I advice you to take the flight physical first if you have the means to do so. 

 

AR 601-210 paragrph 3-7 e states if you have a flight physical within 6 months of your relese from AD you do not have to attend MEPS.

 

I didnt have to go

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nil5038 said:

If you're currently in service in a different branch I advice you to take the flight physical first if you have the means to do so. 

 

AR 601-210 paragrph 3-7 e states if you have a flight physical within 6 months of your relese from AD you do not have to attend MEPS.

 

I didnt have to go

God that would have been nice to know..... would have saved me about a years worth of trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jkray said:

God that would have been nice to know..... would have saved me about a years worth of trouble. 

sorry your recruiter didnt know that man. But priors have so many hurdles it's just trading one hurdle for another. 

I committed a non traffic offense back before I ever enlisted. Army knew about it. Yet they still need to run background checks on the same offense they already did background checks on. I missed the January board and might even miss the March board because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So finally got notification to go to MEPS next week. So all in all 5-6 weeks.

Hopefully everything I submitted prior will be smooth sailing and I don't have to do anymore waiting games.

My flight physical expires (18 month mark) next month, going to see if I can still use it for the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...