Seat to Street MEPS w/ Prior Service

Due to my incorrect assumptions, my stamped 2808 and FDME while I was active duty cannot be used for a seat to street WOFT packet, even if it was still valid within 18 months. So I'm having to go through MEPS now. I had to resubmit paperwork for the VA service connection and dig through old files to find my PRK pre/post op stuff I did 10 years ago.

I've been waiting for about 4 weeks and getting an update from the recruiter at least once a week. They haven't got any word back. My recruiter has been straight with me so far, so I don't have reason to believe they are steering me wrong. Just had to miss the last board when I thought I was ready. This is the only thing I have left in the packet.

Just wanted to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation: How long does it take for you to get everything from the MEPS initial exam to a stamped 2808? Does the VA and PRK paperwork add a bunch of time to the right?

It was a long haul for me.  Even with a stamped approved Army flight physical MEPS didn’t like something with my PRK and made me get a waiver for it. I did not have to deal with the VA as I was still serving (my recruiter screwed me on that) so I can’t speak to that but I missed 6 boards because of MEPS and all told was 1.5 years of work (read waiting) to finally get on a board. 

• Thanks 1

So what exactly are you waiting for? I am street to seat with prior service, completely disconnected. I did my MEPS physical in November and Im right in the middle of my Flight Physical. I don't see why getting the stamped 2808 back from Rucker would be any different than any other street to seater? Unless im in for a doozy 

5 hours ago, jkray said:

It was a long haul for me.  Even with a stamped approved Army flight physical MEPS didn’t like something with my PRK and made me get a waiver for it. I did not have to deal with the VA as I was still serving (my recruiter screwed me on that) so I can’t speak to that but I missed 6 boards because of MEPS and all told was 1.5 years of work (read waiting) to finally get on a board. 

Bummer, that longer than I'd like, but I'll have to prepare for that. As I came across comments during my research, MEPS can be more difficult than the Flight Physical itself. Thanks for your input.

52 minutes ago, Crash7051 said:

So what exactly are you waiting for? I am street to seat with prior service, completely disconnected. I did my MEPS physical in November and Im right in the middle of my Flight Physical. I don't see why getting the stamped 2808 back from Rucker would be any different than any other street to seater? Unless im in for a doozy 

Waiting to get my actual MEPS physical scheduled. I already had a flight physical stamped when I was still active duty, intended for the in-service board. Had a change in plans and I EAS'd. Now I'm applying through a recruiter as a Seat-to-Street WOFT applicant.

Erroneously thought I had everything in my packet complete and was to submit a few months back, but only thing missing after a QC was a USMEPCOM 680-3ADP form. What I submitted was a FDME (HQ USAREC Form 3.1 and flight physical aka 2808) from my aforementioned AD time, and the Form 3.1 was not acceptable, regardless if my 2808 was stamped. Seat-to-Street requires you to go to MEPS.

Did you have a VA rating? How long did it take you to get your MEPS exam in November, after you submitted your initial 2807?

20 hours ago, parking said:

Waiting to get my actual MEPS physical scheduled. I already had a flight physical stamped when I was still active duty, intended for the in-service board. Had a change in plans and I EAS'd. Now I'm applying through a recruiter as a Seat-to-Street WOFT applicant.

Erroneously thought I had everything in my packet complete and was to submit a few months back, but only thing missing after a QC was a USMEPCOM 680-3ADP form. What I submitted was a FDME (HQ USAREC Form 3.1 and flight physical aka 2808) from my aforementioned AD time, and the Form 3.1 was not acceptable, regardless if my 2808 was stamped. Seat-to-Street requires you to go to MEPS.

Did you have a VA rating? How long did it take you to get your MEPS exam in November, after you submitted your initial 2807?

Well you sound more complicated that me ha. No I don't have a VA rating. It took like two weeks to schedule it I think. And I have no idea what a 2807 is. My recruiter handled that part. I just picked the day

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW I'm Navy prior servicer enlisting in the Guard to try that route. I had a hand injury 5 years ago that got cleared by the Navy with no issues. I think my recruiter started submitting paperwork to MEPS in order to get a physical scheduled with a waiver back in like Nov? I'm just now going this week. So 3 months of back and forth with MEPS about just random stuff they wanted, including requesting documents that were already submitted or didn't exist haha. So hang in there...

5 hours ago, nil5038 said:

If you're currently in service in a different branch I advice you to take the flight physical first if you have the means to do so. 

AR 601-210 paragrph 3-7 e states if you have a flight physical within 6 months of your relese from AD you do not have to attend MEPS.

I didnt have to go

God that would have been nice to know..... would have saved me about a years worth of trouble. 

35 minutes ago, jkray said:

God that would have been nice to know..... would have saved me about a years worth of trouble. 

sorry your recruiter didnt know that man. But priors have so many hurdles it's just trading one hurdle for another. 

I committed a non traffic offense back before I ever enlisted. Army knew about it. Yet they still need to run background checks on the same offense they already did background checks on. I missed the January board and might even miss the March board because of this.

So finally got notification to go to MEPS next week. So all in all 5-6 weeks.

Hopefully everything I submitted prior will be smooth sailing and I don't have to do anymore waiting games.

My flight physical expires (18 month mark) next month, going to see if I can still use it for the board.