Is the May board closed?

Good Evening,

I'm putting in my packet for hopefully the May board. Got everything put together except for the Flight medical. My recruiter and his battalion has been struggling to find how to get the flight physical done, and so I've been waiting on that for about 3 weeks. My recruiter called me today though and said that they couldn't send me because the Army cancelled the May 2020 board. is this true? If so when's the next one? I've been hunting around this board and others but I'm fairly new here and I might have just missed it.

Appreciate it, this forum's been great for getting stuff ready.

53 minutes ago, Trinidad said:

I attempted to schedule my flight physical and was told by the aviation clinic that they will not be doing any initial flight physicals due to the whole situation at the moment and would notify me when they would resume which who knows when that will be.

Good to know, are you active duty? I'm prior guard going to active, and my recruiter's doing all the legwork on the medical and told me there wasn't really anything I can do.

As far as canceling the board. I don’t believe that’s entirely true. In another thread there was something that said they were postponing the boards for right now but were still accepting application packets

16 hours ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

Good Evening,

I'm putting in my packet for hopefully the May board. Got everything put together except for the Flight medical. My recruiter and his battalion has been struggling to find how to get the flight physical done, and so I've been waiting on that for about 3 weeks. My recruiter called me today though and said that they couldn't send me because the Army cancelled the May 2020 board. is this true? If so when's the next one? I've been hunting around this board and others but I'm fairly new here and I might have just missed it.

Appreciate it, this forum's been great for getting stuff ready.

The deadline for new packets for the May board is today. I don't think they will take your packet without a flight physical. There's two parts of the flight physical, and it takes usually three weeks in between each part. Then it goes to Rucker and you have to wait for it to get stamped, which can take anywhere from 1 week to maybe months. Mine took 10 days. From start to finish, my flight physical took about a month. It also took my two months just to schedule it. 

59 minutes ago, Crash7051 said:

The deadline for new packets for the May board is today. I don't think they will take your packet without a flight physical. There's two parts of the flight physical, and it takes usually three weeks in between each part. Then it goes to Rucker and you have to wait for it to get stamped, which can take anywhere from 1 week to maybe months. Mine took 10 days. From start to finish, my flight physical took about a month. It also took my two months just to schedule it. 

Thanks for the information, apparently my recruiter was misinformed on some things. I'll have to get ready for the next board after that then. The next board looks like its in July. Is there a way to submit my packet without having the flight physical done at this point, and then update it before the board?

Look I understand the get it done itis, but this is not a fast process. The vast majority of those in my flight school class took 10+ months to get their packet in front of the board, with sever taking well over a year. My packet was 18 months from start to selection and I got picked up on my first look.  My point is to not rush things. You want to make your packet as absolutely strong as possible BEFORE it gets submitted. If that means you miss a couple boards then so be it. It’s a couple of months trade for potentially the rest of your career. Get the physical done first, make your PT score as high as possible. Write and rewrite your essay if need be. Get your ducks in a row before you rush into it and get let down

9 hours ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

Good to know, are you active duty? I'm prior guard going to active, and my recruiter's doing all the legwork on the medical and told me there wasn't really anything I can do.

Currently active duty, I’ll be calling the aviation clinic back on Monday to see if anything has changed or if they have set dates of when they will start doing Initial flight physicals again, since this World situation seems like it’s gonna be a while hopefully they’ll start doing Initials soon

Was told by the aviation clinic today that they will not resume doing initial flight physicals until June 1, 2020, but to continue to call weekly as it could change. Hearing this really hurts as the physical is all I am missing for my packet, hopefully they resume doing physicals in the near future. 

On 3/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, Trinidad said:

Was told by the aviation clinic today that they will not resume doing initial flight physicals until June 1, 2020, but to continue to call weekly as it could change. Hearing this really hurts as the physical is all I am missing for my packet, hopefully they resume doing physicals in the near future. 

I'm in the same boat as you brother. It sucks :(. What clinic are you checking with? I'm a current civilian applying, and my recruiter isn't quite sure where to go. And the recruiting battalion was stuck on that a month before all the closings happened.