How competitive? July board?

Applied for the July board. The waiting game is killing me because this is something I want really bad. 

SSG, 8 yrs (AFS waiver) 

SIFT: 45

GT: 115

APFT: 290 

NCOERs: all highly qualified (4), 3 top 10% ratings. NCOERs show improvement and growth and get better with each rating period. 

Various leadership positions: Remedial PT instructor, Platoon SGT, Recovery NCOIC, Section Sergeant, etc 

Rotations to Germany, Korea, Poland. 

Distinguished Honor Grad at ALC, 93% GPA for BLC. 

63 college credits toward a B.S. 

Strong letters of recommendations - CO, BC, CW5 CCWO. 

Very confident in my resume/summary, LORs, also my school evaluations reports, worried about my test scores. I obviously can’t retake the SIFT. Had a 115 GT score since I first enlisted, is it worth retaking it for a higher GT score? At this point I’m open to any suggestions to make my packet more competitive. 

• M2B changed the title to How competitive? July board?
26 minutes ago, RouterRanger said:

Nah man you're good. Its completely up to your competition. Only thing that sucks is you're a SSG. Lower ranking dudes have more longevity usually, and less bad habits to unlearn. You got it :)

That’s crazy, I’m only 27 lol. But when you look at the selection list, most that get picked up are SSGs. So I’m hoping the proven track record and experience work in my favor. 

33 minutes ago, M2B said:

That’s crazy, I’m only 27 lol. But when you look at the selection list, most that get picked up are SSGs. So I’m hoping the proven track record and experience work in my favor. 

Talking to my Recruiter, a CW5 who use to sit on the board... Being a SSG looks better for you. Being a 27 year old SSG shows you’re mature and motivated. If your waiver was approved, the board will never even see it and your packet will be just like everyone else’s so there’s no bias... good luck! I’m in the July board as well. Our stats are pretty much the same just I’m 30 years old, 5 years TIS and SGT-P

2 hours ago, JMac said:

Talking to my Recruiter, a CW5 who use to sit on the board... Being a SSG looks better for you. Being a 27 year old SSG shows you’re mature and motivated. If your waiver was approved, the board will never even see it and your packet will be just like everyone else’s so there’s no bias... good luck! I’m in the July board as well. Our stats are pretty much the same just I’m 30 years old, 5 years TIS and SGT-P

Agreed. 90% of active duty that get picked up are between E-5, and E-6. I think they like the experience that we bring to the table, it balances everything out since they accept people straight out of high school, junior enlisted, etc. They just want to make sure you’re young enough to fulfill the TIS obligation since that’s been a struggle for them with keeping pilots in. 

I'm talking as far as 153A goes. Maybe they did pickup a bunch of SSG this time around; the one before was tons of junior guys and like 3 SSG.

I'm thinking the mantra is changing though. I think it makes more sense to pickup E5's and E6's. I picked up on the May board with an Age Waiver so its def possible :)

On 6/5/2021 at 1:41 AM, RouterRanger said:

I'm talking as far as 153A goes. Maybe they did pickup a bunch of SSG this time around; the one before was tons of junior guys and like 3 SSG.

I'm thinking the mantra is changing though. I think it makes more sense to pickup E5's and E6's. I picked up on the May board with an Age Waiver so its def possible :)

there was two spc that got picked up at my board for Jan 2021. Everyone else who was pciked up in my class are sgt or ssg....alot of ssg. I had 5 years tis and am a ssg. They get just as much longevity with me as anyone else. 10 year adso is 10 year adso 

7 minutes ago, Pmmeforstuff said:

there was two spc that got picked up at my board for Jan 2021. Everyone else who was pciked up in my class are sgt or ssg....alot of ssg. I had 5 years tis and am a ssg. They get just as much longevity with me as anyone else. 10 year adso is 10 year adso 

A 10 year ADSO for a guy with 10 years in means the guy is most likely retiring immediately at the end of the ADSO. A 10 10 year ADSO for a guy with 4 years in means the Army is more likely to get 16 years for the same price as 10. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thedude said:

A 10 year ADSO for a guy with 10 years in means the guy is most likely retiring immediately at the end of the ADSO. A 10 10 year ADSO for a guy with 4 years in means the Army is more likely to get 16 years for the same price as 10. 

Lol sure man. You missed the point but ya. Gotya

14 hours ago, Thedude said:

This is what I meant. Longevity after the 10 year ADSO. They obviously require the 10 years, but they're just bleeding pilots. They WANT SPC/SGT to come in because of their time ahead, but right now obviously SGT and SSG are more qualified so they're getting picked up. Just what I'm hearing from little birds friend.