WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve been considering WOFT for a while now off and on.  A civilian, no military experience, age 33 now and a family man.  I’m an ATP fixed wing pilot and fly professionally.  Would love to chat with someone who is a current Warrant Officer pilot just to bounce questions off of for a realistic inside point of view..  I def need waivers, etc.  Thanks!  

I would not do it at your age with the current 10 year commitment. That really works out to about 12 years since it doesn’t start until after flight school graduation. While flying helicopters in the Army can be fun many of us would much rather be outside flying as a civilian getting more hours and a much better quality of life. 

You can PM me with questions if you want. 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, Thedude said:

I would not do it at your age with the current 10 year commitment. That really works out to about 12 years since it doesn’t start until after flight school graduation. While flying helicopters in the Army can be fun many of us would much rather be outside flying as a civilian getting more hours and a much better quality of life. 

You can PM me with questions if you want. 

Thanks for the reply! 

On 2/19/2023 at 4:34 PM, Bomberbasic said:

If you do, go Guard and continue to fly professionally. I was selected at 33 and graduated flight school at 36 (Covid bumped my flight school date awhile). I did have about 8 years active before going to guard to fly. Hit me up if you have any questions.  

I turned 33 less than a month after starting IERW, other than my back hurting more than a 24 year old there really is no difference. 

• Thanks 1