705 replies to this topic

#701 zack.colorado

zack.colorado

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 14:49

I am a civilian and already had my MEPS physical. I was able to locate a relatively close Air Force base, look up the flight medicine groups number, and schedule an Army Class 1 initial Flight Physical.
I got a pass to get on base and knocked everything out(labs, dentist, EKG, chest X-ray, vision, and medical history/ physical) in a single day.
I then had the AF flight medicine group send the packet to usarmy.rucker.medcom-lahc.list.lahc-aero-helpdesk@mail.mil and Rucker stamped it a couple weeks later and put it into the database that is viewable for army flight medicine (the system is called Aeros or arrows). My WOSM then had his medic pull the physical.

Hopefully that helps,
Zack
  • mike0331 likes this

#702 Simpsj17

Simpsj17

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:40

JD,

The letters will come from the first officer in your Chain and the first O4 or O5 in your chain of command. The exception is if you base commander is a pilot he can write on for you. Do make sure still get a letter from a warrant as well. I only did the three mandatory. I looked at the checklist as a this is what we want no more no less. Just my personal approach though.

#703 Pluto

Pluto

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 13:50

Thank you for this post. I hope it will get me into the WOFT course. 

#704 niner5

niner5

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 14:20

I apologize in advance if some of these questions are dumb...

1. Do warrant officers have to do PT everyday once assigned a unit?

2. On average, how long does it take from graduating WOCS to graduating flight school?

3. When you graduate WOCS do they give you some time off to look for a house?

4. Is there sh*t to do near enterprise on weekends? Do people go to the beach a lot? 

5. If you absolutely hate your assigned duty station upon graduation, is there any process by which you can request a different one? 

6. How is WO pilot life in general?

Thanks!!!

#705 PhrogGuy

PhrogGuy

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Long Distance Running
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 30 August 2018 - 14:33

I apologize in advance if some of these questions are dumb...

1. Do warrant officers have to do PT everyday once assigned a unit?

2. On average, how long does it take from graduating WOCS to graduating flight school?

3. When you graduate WOCS do they give you some time off to look for a house?

4. Is there sh*t to do near enterprise on weekends? Do people go to the beach a lot? 

5. If you absolutely hate your assigned duty station upon graduation, is there any process by which you can request a different one? 

6. How is WO pilot life in general?

Thanks!!!

1. It depends on the unit
2. Took me a year. Some folks are there for close to 2 years. Really depends on the bubbles.
3. Yes
4. Beach is about an hour and some change away. But, most folks find something to pique their interest around the area.
5. Yeah, do your 3-4 year tour at that duty station and then hopefully get a better assignment later. Biggest advice is grow where you are planted.
6. I absolutely love my job. There are some not so savory parts about it. But, on a whole, it is very fulfilling. You will get many opinions on this topic . . .

"Helicopters don't fly, they beat the air into submission."

#706 jmar60

jmar60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 18:06

Hello all, 

I am also applying for the WOFT program.  I am going to feel out my recruiter a little bit more but if he is not more helpful... and soon... I am going to start taking more things into my own hands.  So, with that being said, I understand that I can go through my local ROTC to schedule and take my SIFT.  But, how do I go about scheduling my own Flight Physical.  I am from the Midwest, just in case anyone has any specific knowledge. 

I am Air Guard and already have my DD Form 368 already.  I have already filled out most of the packet, and am working on LOR's.  But, in the mean time, I want to get things at least scheduled so that I can plan properly and not procrastinate.

I also have the need for a waiver, of the moral type.  Does anyone have any advice?  I have been studying this site, using the search bar with all types of criteria and can't find anything that also pertains to me.  Any help is much appreciated. 

Also, as far as LOR's go, I have seen, and understand the advice given for street to seat guys, but as I am Prior Service, should I do my  two commanders and SWO.... and also the three others? Or should I just do the three mandatory ones? Please keep in mind that I need the moral waivers.  One for speeding (yes it is over $250) and one for five counts of retail theft under $150 (From ten years ago, 16 yrs of age).

V/r,

jd4734

Prior service as well, only did the 3 LORs and got selected in May. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200LORD_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200BE_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200