January/March Board

Oh ok, if you wanna you can PM me your personal cell and I can text you. I noticed you have LORs from pilots and I am desperately needing one or two from a pilot.

I wish I could help you out there bud. I really lucked out with these guys. One O3 is a good personal friend that is a , the O5 is a family friend from back in the day when I was growing up, and the other O3 is a good friend's brother who has never written another LOR. The CW4 I got is a local friend who will only write an LOR after meeting in person...pilots aren't a MUST for selection, one of the guys I know got picked up in September of this year without a pilot LOR, his other ones were strong though. I've read through here that if asked nicely and professionally enough you might be able to get one of the pilots on here to write one...Good luck though, it can definitely be tough to find a pilot, especially high rank CW4 or 5 while being a civilian

Got everything done except the medical and the board interview. Took the sift about 2 weeks ago, now just waiting for my recruiter to get my meps and flight physical scheduled. Im getting a little worried about the deadline coming up. If i manage to get my physical done by the January 15th deadline, would the board interview be at some point afterwards?

Got everything done except the medical and the board interview. Took the sift about 2 weeks ago, now just waiting for my recruiter to get my meps and flight physical scheduled. Im getting a little worried about the deadline coming up. If i manage to get my physical done by the January 15th deadline, would the board interview be at some point afterwards?

You need to be recommended by your battalion board before you go to the usarec board. I may be wrong though cause I've been doing this on the active duty side.

You need to be recommended by your battalion board before you go to the usarec board. I may be wrong though cause I've been doing this on the active duty side.

You're dead on there. I had to have my flight physical completed and stamped before the battalion would even schedule my board interview. Hell I had to have my packet COMPLETED before they would send me to the battalion board interview. Then the battalion added the recommendations to my packet and submitted it from there to USAREC.

You're dead on there. I had to have my flight physical completed and stamped before the battalion would even schedule my board interview. Hell I had to have my packet COMPLETED before they would send me to the battalion board interview. Then the battalion added the recommendations to my packet and submitted it from there to USAREC.

But how does the battalion board correspond to the submission deadline? The flight physical will complete my packet. If I have that done by January, will I be able to do the battalion board after January 15th and still make it in for the March board?

But how does the battalion board correspond to the submission deadline? The flight physical will complete my packet. If I have that done by January, will I be able to do the battalion board after January 15th and still make it in for the March board?

Not to my knowledge, maybe a recruiter can hop in on this but the way I understand it is this...the battalion board interview must be completed and the score sheets/notes included with the packet prior to the deadline. It's part of the packet that must be turned in together to USAREC. Is there a loophole on this...maybe...if so I don't know it.

I know my recruiters wouldn't schedule the interview without a stamped flight physical...which makes sense I guess cause the board doesn't wanna interview someone who may or may not be physically qualified in the first place.

Makes sense. Ive gotten literally everything except the physical. They won't even schedule me until after my 90day post prk mark. Hoping Rucker returns it fast so I can make the March deadline. If not may it is.

Luofynerd

I didn't have a traditional interview. Im active duty, so it's slightly different. I work with CW5s everyday, and I'm pretty well known/liked throughout my battalion. I just had to request an interview from the CW5 and he didn't ask me any questions just read my packet, said that it looked really good made me correct a few things and emailed me the letter. The battalion commander just asked why warrant over commissioned. Company and CW4 I work for, no interview needed.