Helos wanted

RkyMtnHI

Hey all,

We need two more helicopters.. now. We are looking for an instrument 300c and a VFR 300c. We would prefer newer ships with less than 1000 hours on them. We have been working on two ships that are owned by large fire fighting companies and like them both, but thought it prudent to look around as there are many on the market.

Yes we have looked at Controller and other sites, but like the idea of ships that we can get a solid line on their history, and ships that are maintained by larger companies with in house maintenance and no money issues.

We would prefer leaseback options on the 300's but have the loans already approved for purchases.

We also have four gents that want a turbine, 500D or E and will look into that as well if you have leads, but there is no urgency on the turbine.

Please pm me if you have info, or send an email to dp770@comcast.net

thanks for your time and efforts.

aloha,

dp

Awesome. Great to see HeliOps expanding their fleet! You guys will enjoy the 500 over a 206. Those 500s are like a porsche ; Always wanting to go fast! Literally.

Thanks for the good words Rag Man. Of course we want a 500, hands down over the 206, doesn't everybody? But, we are torn between the 500 and the 206 and are struggling with making that decision with out emotions clouding our judgment. We have some jobs lined up that the 206 would just be better for, but we would rather have the 500... aaarrrrggguuuhhh!

dp

DP,

We had a 500. . . you saw it. unfortunately the 500 is limited in the line of work it is capable of. . go with the 206

yep, that was a nice 500 too.. and agree that they are limited up here, we'll see what happens.. too bad we don't have enough $$ to not worry about stuff like that huh?

dp

Thanks for the good words Rag Man. Of course we want a 500, hands down over the 206, doesn't everybody? But, we are torn between the 500 and the 206 and are struggling with making that decision with out emotions clouding our judgment. We have some jobs lined up that the 206 would just be better for, but we would rather have the 500... aaarrrrggguuuhhh!

dp

Buy both?

what?

been thinking about the 480 you are flying... we gotta talk about that.

dp

The 480B is a great machine...

I'm really looking forward to next week in the 350B3.

I think all current and former biz owners on this site will tell you: As far as the turbine, unless you have a ton of money in the bank (ton = millions), OR signed contract work, BE CAREFUL.

As far as the turbine, unless you have a ton of money in the bank (ton = millions), OR signed contract work, BE CAREFUL.

Unfortunately, it is kind of like the chicken and the egg. You have to have the turbine helicopter to get turbine helicopter contracts. And there are a lot of contacts out there that specify turbine helicopters, even though the work required by the contract really doesn't need a turbine.

As the the 500/206 questions, I was told by an experienced operator that it depends on where the guy who ultimately pays for the helicopter sits. If he sits up front, get a 500. If he sits in back, get a 206.

Can see where you are coming from

The 500 great to fly fast precise Safe

the back is crowded but if the customers wants to get there fast no contest.

206 slowerrr not so smooth in gusting \ windy conditions but more room a passengers \ sightseeing tool, don't land on slopes I understand they are prone to falling over, well that's what I was told when I came into a site we land the 500 in without thinking, the exact words were WTF are you trying to kill us.

PS

The latest 500 have more room in the cab

Hey all,

We need two more helicopters.. now. We are looking for an instrument 300c and a VFR 300c. We would prefer newer ships with less than 1000 hours on them. We have been working on two ships that are owned by large fire fighting companies and like them both, but thought it prudent to look around as there are many on the market.

Yes we have looked at Controller and other sites, but like the idea of ships that we can get a solid line on their history, and ships that are maintained by larger companies with in house maintenance and no money issues.

We would prefer leaseback options on the 300's but have the loans already approved for purchases.

We also have four gents that want a turbine, 500D or E and will look into that as well if you have leads, but there is no urgency on the turbine.

Please pm me if you have info, or send an email to dp770@comcast.net

thanks for your time and efforts.

aloha,

dp

Would a clean 300CBi work for you??

JR

I currently fly the 206, I like it alot. It is a little on the slow side. I have worked out of a 500 and I like the 206 for its room. Most contracts that I have delt with like the 206. The back is really small in the 500, but is a great utility machine. If your looking at transporting passengers 206 is your answer unless you have lots of $$$$. I then would buy a AS350 Lots of room and power.

As the the 500/206 questions, I was told by an experienced operator that it depends on where the guy who ultimately pays for the helicopter sits. If he sits up front, get a 500. If he sits in back, get a 206.

best quote i've heard so far!!! as usual Rick..

dp