New GoPro model hits the market

swisster

Buzz, when are you coming back to the northwest?

Thanks Lindsey!

I'm hoping to be back sometime next month but we'll see. If not then, probably sometime towards the end of spring/beginning of summer.

This may call for some beers.

• Like 1

I work in video production and would have to agree that the Go-pro has been able to provide an amazing new flavor of shots and angles with its size and lens type. A lot of what i do is adapting audio and video and have cables all over the place. If someone could tell me the connector types and what all they would like to have the GoPro record, I would be happy to recommend an adapter setup and also draw up a cable breakout on how it should all flow for optimum quality.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I work in video production and would have to agree that the Go-pro has been able to provide an amazing new flavor of shots and angles with its size and lens type. A lot of what i do is adapting audio and video and have cables all over the place. If someone could tell me the connector types and what all they would like to have the GoPro record, I would be happy to recommend an adapter setup and also draw up a cable breakout on how it should all flow for optimum quality.

I have just ordered a GoPro Hero 2 camera and I should have it early next week. I would like to have audio while flying for ATC Etc. What is the best way to do this? some type of splitter cable of some sorts? Any help is greatly appreiciated.

The new one has a mic input. You will have to get the case that can let you plug in while recording ($20 or so) and a small microphone from radioshack that you can put in your headset/helmet earpiece. That is the easiest way I think. Works pretty well too!

Make sure the mic is small enough not to annoy you. I saw one for $30 in there that would work nicely!

Yo'll have a blast with the GoPro, its awesome!

Hello Everyone,

I just received the GoPro today and it is amazing! It arrived faster than I thought it would take which is a plus. I went and bought a $30 mic and will have to get the case that will let me plug the microphone into it like Trans Lift said. I did a demo video and all I can say is wow! The image is amazing and the microphone works great. I will start video taping all my flight and will post them to youtube next time I fly. It may look funny but I am going to use the head mount while flying. This forum was a great help in choosing which camera to go with so I thank you all.