525 Relentless

Not that it's a negative thing, but it looks very much like a cross between an Sikorsky S-76 and an AW-139. With an estimated MGW of 18,000, she'll definitely be able to haul some cargo.

The new cyclic/collective setup seems EXTREMELY interesting.

Edited by RagMan
  • Like 1

will they put a deicing sytem(windshield,blades,air-intake...) on the 525 ?

With a ship that size and the fact that's its being designed specifically for SAR, Offshore, and EMS applications, I'd be willing to bet Bell won't forget to incorporate those systems into the design process.

Not that it's a negative thing, but it looks very much like a cross between an Sikorsky S-76 and an AW-139. With an estimated MGW of 18,000, she'll definitely be able to haul some cargo.

My thoughts exactly I am very interested to get a in cockpit flight view of the bird in action. I was surprised to see how many passengers it can hold, also it looks very comfortable.

I'm glad to see Bell catching up with the rest of the industry... Think about it... The 429 is the latest design to hit the market in a decade... And as a daily user of the 429 I am sold / impressed with the direction they are going... OK, they had the 427 a few years ago but that was a flop and the 417 was cancelled.

So, good on Bell for getting their acts together. I just hoe they build them here in the USA!

• Like 1

Bell has stated that they worked closely in hand with PHI in helping to gather details and desires for what should be in an offshore aircraft. They probably did that paint job for revealing purposes. I'm guessing PHI, ERA, and anyone else down in the Gulf working offshore have their eyes set on purchasing a few of these, pending the outcome of production.

Bell also stated they had several offers for contract signing at Heli-Expo, but that Bell wanted to wait until design/production of the aircraft was further along in the process before doing that.

And yes, they are projecting (give or take) that the aircraft will be operational and in service by 2015.

Edited by RagMan

Google the new AW 189 or the EC 175, pretty much all the same. The 525 has better range than the 189 though...but they are all 16 passenger ships.

The pilot entrance/exit setup seems interesting, but I have to agree with Goldy

Google the new AW 189 or the EC 175, pretty much all the same. The 525 has better range than the 189 though...but they are all 16 passenger ships.

I noticed the same thing seeing them all together at HAI this year. Definitely can't wait to see this ship flying