Clearance question

I was interviewed for my clearance three months ago and haven't heard a thing. Leave for BCT soon. Asked the recruiter about it and he said since neither of us have heard anything I should be good. If there was an issue one of us probably would have been contacted by now.

You can admit it, but you won't be able to join i think. I always hear recruiters say do not admit anything like that, unless you got arrested for it.

Don't give out advice unless you've actually been through the process

• Like 1

how long ago was the usage? have you discussed it with the recruiter at all? If it is past experimentation from a few years back you should be fine. Just make sure you phrase everything the right way and make yourself look professional. It was something you may have done as a "stupid kid" hanging out with the wrong crowd and you acknowledged that and changed enough to fix the problem as well as do something with your life, some people like to see that and admire it.

how long ago was the usage? have you discussed it with the recruiter at all? If it is past experimentation from a few years back you should be fine. Just make sure you phrase everything the right way and make yourself look professional. It was something you may have done as a "stupid kid" hanging out with the wrong crowd and you acknowledged that and changed enough to fix the problem as well as do something with your life, some people like to see that and admire it.

I'm gonna start the process at the beginning of my senior year of college so about 16 months from now. by then it will have been about two-two and a half years. It was about 10 times over 6 months.

Moral waiver?

Typically any type of prior drug usage requires a waiver. In the past it has been typically a administrative process with the waiver barring any serious addiction or hard drugs - it usually gets approved. However given today's economy and the competition I am not so sure. Be honest and ask. Your recruiter should be there to help you work through these things. It's also WOFT and not OCS.

I never heard of a waiver being required unless it was a real problem requiring treatment or ended up getting you in trouble with the law. The recruiter would definetly know best and have the most up to date information on the subject. When the recruiter asked you pre screening questions either over the phone or at your first meeting with him what was your answer then? He will be looking for any deviation from that original answer.

I never heard of a waiver being required

This is common knowledge in all the services. Any type of clearance specifically mentions this type of stuff. I've had OPM guys go back and ask high school buddies about drug usage and alcohol consumption. Others things such as debt, credit history, and overseas affiliations are also discussed in depth.

This is common knowledge in all the services. Any type of clearance specifically mentions this type of stuff. I've had OPM guys go back and ask high school buddies about drug usage and alcohol consumption. Others things such as debt, credit history, and overseas affiliations are also discussed in depth.

ah, so its a waiver for "clearance" not to join

I am not clear as to which you are speaking of:

a: clearance to be hired into the service

or

b: clearing a background investigation to get a "security clearance"?

I have NO idea as to my question a. I do have answers to b.

Post which you are speaking of and I'll try to help, if it is b.

Be safe,

edspilot