Selection chances - WOFT

I know there are probably people asking this every day but I don't have much to do but wait. What are my chances of being selected for active duty WOFT?

-22 years old

-ASVAB: 95

-College: 3.5gpa BS

-150 TT

-APFT: 260

-In National Guard

I haven't taken the AFAST or the newer test yet, however I know I will do well. I don't have any LORs ready yet. I plan to submit the packet early next year. Thanks.

After a cursory glance and searching through the document, I don't see anything that would preclude you from flight duty (ch. 4). As long as this is not a recurring issue and you haven't had any further issues from it, as you stated.

Hope that helps.

Also, wm200--

I'd suggest knocking out those LoRs and the AFAST so those don't hold you up when you are ready to submit. Some folks can take months to get back to you with a completed LoR because they are so busy, and you can always run into problems with scheduling the AFAST. Also knock out your flight physical. While you're waiting to submit, continue working on your PT score.

Just some advice from my time here observing those who have gotten selected and others who delay and still haven't finished their packets (me).

Also wondering if I will need a company commander and batallion commander LOR. It would probably be a good idea to have anyway since it's on the WOFT checklist, but is it required for NG or only active duty applicants? My other question was if NG is categorized as prior service or civilian.

From a CW2 on the goarmy.com forums:

Guard and Reserve folks are treated just like civilian applicants when it comes to applying for active duty. Just follow the checklist on the USAREC website and you'll be fine.

The USAREC civilian applicant checklist is here: http://www.usarec.ar...requ/woft.shtml

and says this about LOR's: "LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (MINIMUM OF 3, MAX OF 6)"

This goes with what my recruiter said but I just want to be sure. I don't know my CoC well since I haven't been here very long, I can get much better LORs from others.

You need to speak with the recruiter for the Guard unit to find out the packet requirements because they can vary a little state to state.

I'm applying for active duty.

My next drill is next weekend and I'm wondering if I should submit my 368 release now or not. I was told it can take anywhere from 1 month to 6+months to complete and is valid for 6 months.

I graduate college mid-August and don't want to ship until after I have my degree. I was told I could apply before graduation and it won't affect my chances. My recruiter wants me to submit the 368 asap. What do you guys think I should do? I don't want to submit it too early and have to redo it. What is the earliest board I should shoot for so that I am sure to ship after mid August? I'd be going straight to WOCS not BCT.

• 2 weeks later...

My next drill is next weekend and I'm wondering if I should submit my 368 release now or not. I was told it can take anywhere from 1 month to 6+months to complete and is valid for 6 months.

I graduate college mid-August and don't want to ship until after I have my degree. My recruiter wants me to submit the 368 asap. What do you guys think I should do? I don't want to submit it too early and have to redo it. What is the earliest board I should shoot for so that I am sure to ship after mid August? Would I get put in the DEP or do they not care if I ship before I graduate?

I'd be going straight to WOCS not BCT.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah they specifically stated there will not be any prep books published as its an aptitude test. That was on the warrant website. Thanks for the support and for your service by paving the way for us.