March/April Board

I am brand new to this forum. I am applying for the March/April WOFT board as a civilian. Just wanting to compare scores to know where I stand. Good luck to all!

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 98/132

AFAST: 129

APFT: 298

EDUCATION: 70 units of college, 2.6 GPA

FLIGHT: 6.5 hours flight time, 2 hours ground school

LORS: CW5, LTC, Governor of CA, Congressmen, Flight Instructor

I keep reading on USAREC *the SIFT is coming*, but my recruiter insists that it has not been implemented yet. He has not gotten any word from command that it has implemented and therefor the AFAST is still being accepted. He informed me that in regards to policy with changes in the military that it is a very slow and delayed process.

Could anyone else collaborate with me on this? Any info is welcome!

Thanks!

@rob, thanks a lot man! i like this forum, it reminds me of the navy flight forum airwarriors.

@lindsey March/April board means that you have to have your packet in by march for selection in april.

@united I am good on the security end. I am fully qualified and ready for boards.

@osterhjm Where are you from oster? I just sent an email out last night to an email address that is provided from USAREC with any questions regarding the SIFT. They replied back to me with "any AFAST score that is board ready on or before January 18th will be accepted". My recruiter has been honest with me since day one and I feel has been on top of his game because I have shadowed his every move and done so much reading and research.

I hope he is right. I am trusting him. But, on the same token, I am going to start studying for the SIFT JUST IN CASE. Plan b...

Lately there has ony been a board every other month, not every month. So it would be March, May, July, etc. Unless you received a specific USAREC (not battalion) board date for April. If so please let us know.

Lindsey, my recruiter is telling me that March 7th is the deadline to have your board ready packet in for the USAREC board that meets in April.

I really hope your recruiter is right, seriously. Has anyone else heard this? Switching to every month would even things out a bit.

I believe civilians might do a board each month. And I'm from cincinnati leapfox.

I'm just saying that hasn't *been* the case for the last 6 months at least. Tons of civilian applicants on these boards.

• Like 1

I checked with my recruiter today and he sent me a copy of his memorandum announcing the 2013 OCS/WOFT board dates. It does not have a WOFT board date for the month of April but there is an OCS board. You may want to have your recruiter double check for you if he is still telling you there is a WOFT board in April.

Then again things to change a lot in the military so my recruiter could have an out of date memorandum. The copy he gave me does not have a date on it.

• Like 1

anyway lindsey, im pretty sure my recruiter told me the usarec boards for civs for 153a are only held 4 times a year...at least according to my recruiter.

Hmm, that makes me worry about your recruiter. I am 100% sure that the boards for civilian WOFT applicants have been every other month. These forums are awesome, we've been making a thread for each board and the last few have been January, November, September, etc. I believe that once upon a time the civvie boards were every month but that hasn't been the case for at least 6 months. The fact that your recruiter also doesn't think you need a SIFT score is worrying as well. I think somewhere in the November thread, someone posted the next few board dates.

Sometimes I really wish we had dedicated Officer recruiters like the Marine OSOs.

Hmm, that makes me worry about your recruiter. I am 100% sure that the boards for civilian WOFT applicants have been every other month. These forums are awesome, we've been making a thread for each board and the last few have been January, November, September, etc. I believe that once upon a time the civvie boards were every month but that hasn't been the case for at least 6 months. The fact that your recruiter also doesn't think you need a SIFT score is worrying as well. I think somewhere in the November thread, someone posted the next few board dates.

Sometimes I really wish we had dedicated Officer recruiters like the Marine OSOs.

i know how you feel. i stress about this crap too much...i just need to let it happen and stop worrying. my packet is solid and so is my appearance. i should have a good chance and so should you. one of our recruiters is wrong or idk what to think anymore. all i know is that the deadline for the next usarec board is mar 7th and the board is held in april. i will be attending the february battalion board.

and we do have a dedicated WO recruiting team! they're on usarec, but they really only work on the east coast, go figure. they are bad with responding to emails. but check em out! they even have phone numbers. i posted the link earlier in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...