Getting jerked around by recruiters...

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I started my process to WOFT last July after coming off IRR. I made the mistake of relying on my local recruiting office because that's where the career counselors said I should go. Now here I am in April, and I'm no closer to getting my packet to the board. I've jumped through every hoop they asked and always been in available to come in for paperwork or documents. I FINALLY got a MEPS physical scheduled (which they informed me was needed before even considering a flight phys.) towards the end of Feb. Two days before my scheduled phys. they called me up and said they would need a waiver for LASIK which i had done in 2008. I got all my surgery paperwork and handed it in, and they sent it along for review. Now here we are, almost a month and half later and no word back.

I had hoped to get all my stuff together for the November board last year. My 368 expired, and then my 368 extension expired, and now they're asking me to go to my unit to request another one. This is somewhat time consuming and I think my unit's patience with me is growing thin as this process drags out.

I am requesting advice from anyone who has experience with the process, and how long I should reasonable be expected to wait. If they deny me on medical grounds they deny me, it's fine. I'm just tired of running in my hamster wheel and getting no where.

• Like 1

This isn't new, nor news. Recruiters have been lying to prospective recruits as long as there have been recruiters, and I would argue that it goes back to long before the Egyptians, Persians, and every other civilization we know about. Believer a recruiter at your peril. You have no recourse.

At least you dont have them try and guilt trip you everytime you go into the office like mine does. "So whats your plan if you dont get selected, cause this is alot of work for us". Or my personal favorite, "you know you have a much better chance at selection if you enlist first".

One of my recruiters took 2 months to schedule a MEPS physical, I went to the neighboring town and that recruiter got me scheduled the same week. I'd switch recruiters.

I Bolded the Statement for emphasis.

It is YOUR career. Not theirs.

You still have to play in their sandbox for a few months, so play nice.

Everyone in my WOCS class had the same stories.

I had issues too, I just refused to enlist with out WOFT and I refused to go away so they finally did their job.

How bad do you want it?

Ditto on switching recruiters. I passed over three until I finally found one willing to work with me. Still took a lot of prodding on my part. I think three days was the longest I went without calling him. Pretty sure he lived to regret giving me his cell number.

I would avoid local recruiters if you can. I went thru warrant officer recruiter cw3 reyes. Smooth and no issues. After selection now i have to go thru local recruiters for minor things and details. Check out usarec for contact info on wo recruiters in your area. As far as physicals, I got my flight physical from my mtf and told them I needed it to apply for flight and they hooked it up. I would call my application process super smooth and it took5 months total

At least you dont have them try and guilt trip you everytime you go into the office like mine does. "So whats your plan if you dont get selected, cause this is alot of work for us". Or my personal favorite, "you know you have a much better chance at selection if you enlist first".

Haha I love that one. "My plan is to continue being a civilian. There's always next year."

Haha its so true buzz. I just want to be like "If i get FQ-NS twice we are gonna do this all over again". Right now im just keeping quiet until everything is submitted and board ready before i drop that bomb. Last thing I need is someone not doing what I need done because they are unhappy about it. One thing the business world has taught me well. Sometimes its best to play nice and bite your tongue if you need something done.

• Like 1

Your situation was a lot like mine. My recruiter told me my LASIK information was sent up to usarec. After calling my recruiter every 2 weeks and him just telling me my stuff is at usarec I got fed up so I called usarec. Spoke to the SFC who handles all woft packets and he told me my recruiter is completely bsing me. That SFC was able to help me out, call my recruiters battalion and got my ball rolling again. After waiting 10 months I was finally able to get to meps and get this thing started up again. And that recruiter isn't a recruiter anymore, I don't know if it was bc of this incident but honestly it doesn't matter why. If you're having issues with your recruiter ask to speak with the station commander, if that person is giving you issues keeping moving up. Just remember stay positive. Ask questions and don't let them screw you around.