September 2014 WOFT board

From what I've read it will look something like this.

1) Board dates are set by USAREC. WOFT(civilian) gets looked at every other month. This may or may not include active duty. If your battalion board is September 16th, you will be submitted and reviewed by the November(next) board. If you are FQ-NS in November, you will be automatically looked at in December.

2) Typically you will hear about selection results a few days after the Selection board.

3) Dates vary. I've seen some people get dates 2 months out, and some get dates 10 months out.

Thanks for the info! I highly appreciate it!

You may have a better shot at selection on the Nov Board as it is the first board in a new FY

Well that's a plus! I have heard that before from my previous recruiter when I was applying to AF OTS for a pilot slot. I applied for the first Rated Board last year (September 2013) but unfortunately that didn't help. Out of 300+ applicants, only 90 were selected ZERO of which were pilot allocations! Timing is everything!

Lindsey,

I've lurked on your previous posts and have found vital info (to include that document you put together regarding getting a packet submitted) so I thank you for that!

In your expert knowledge and experience, if I'm interviewing with my Batt Board 16 September and yield a 'Go' or 75/75 decision is it safe to assume:

1.) My packet goes to the Selection Board in November? Does it really take two months from Batt Board interview to Selection Board decision?

2.) If selected in November, would I be notified shortly thereafter or sometime in December?

3.) If and when notified of selection, is it safe to assume that I'd be attending WOCS in late of FY 2015, say August forward?

Thanks, I'm trying to gauge timeline expectations. Feel free to PM if necessary.

Emoney1185

No problem! Glad you got some benefit from the forum; this is definitely a great place for information.

From what I've read it will look something like this.

1) Board dates are set by USAREC. WOFT(civilian) gets looked at every other month. This may or may not include active duty. If your battalion board is September 16th, you will be submitted and reviewed by the November(next) board. If you are FQ-NS in November, you will be automatically looked at in December.

2) Typically you will hear about selection results a few days after the Selection board.

3) Dates vary. I've seen some people get dates 2 months out, and some get dates 10 months out.

This.

1. It's dangerous to say (emoney) that you can assume anything when it comes to WOFT packets at any level, but in theory (and normally in actuality) if you have your battalion board in September you should indeed be on the November USAREC WOFT board.

2. With regard to results, it can be anwhere from 1 business day to a couple weeks, depending on a number of factors. However, if it's been a few days and you haven't heard anything, start pestering your recruiter to inquire higher-ups as to your selection status.

3. Jeffin is spot on. I had a BCT date 1.5 months away from selection and I've heard of people who had to wait 6 months (or even up to a year for those not going to BCT, just depends).

Hope that helps and I apologize for the delay; started Primary last week and it's been busy! ;)

• Like 1

Well we can end this thread. Spoke with usarec to make sure my packet was received. Was informed there will be no September board because there are no available slots

Now is this in reference to the usarec website (http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml)

showing that the board isn't accepting applications for 153A during the month of Sept?

I spoke with a contact at USAREC last week. He told me that WOFT is not being looked at this board because there are no available slots remaining for FY14. Next board will be November. I am still making sure my packet in is, just in case something changes.

Ah ok.. Well the first board of FY15 doesn't sound too bad with a fresh batch a flight school slots. Keep your heads up, and continue polishing those packets! =D

Haha yea. Definitely still keeping at it. That 300 APFT has been eluding me so far. I have a feeling there will be a ton of applicants for November.

• Like 1

I have been stuck between 78-79 sit-ups for weeks now, I can't seem to get the last 3-4. My run time is improving though. I ran one the other day here in Kuwait with a C-12 CW3 and got a 281, not horrible for 115 deg heat, but I hope the get that run time a little faster. Being stuck on ship for most this deployment has not helped the running haha.

I have been stuck between 78-79 sit-ups for weeks now, I can't seem to get the last 3-4. My run time is improving though. I ran one the other day here in Kuwait with a C-12 CW3 and got a 281, not horrible for 115 deg heat, but I hope the get that run time a little faster. Being stuck on ship for most this deployment has not helped the running haha.

Yea being on a boat would kinda suck for that haha. Is there even a spot you could find with enough space to do something like a HIIT workout?

Side note, going to lock this topic and start the November thread since WTFoski reconfirmed yesterday that there will be no September board