September 2017 WOFT Board

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but someone refresh my memory, when will The list be posted for AD?

my guess would be 26th or 27th. Based off of previous boards, typically 2-4 business days after board convenes is what I've noticed.

I was selected as a civilian! :) I'll be going down to MEPS Friday. Been two years since I started to process! I also have the list so PM me if you wanna know.

• Like 1

I was selected as a civilian! :) I'll be going down to MEPS Friday. Been two years since I started to process! I also have the list so PM me if you wanna know.

I'm curious of how many out of how many were selected :P this just makes me even more anxious

And for future AD/Civvie 153A applicants checking this thread, keep it at. The U.S. Senate just passed a $700 Billion Defense spending bill. This includes the procurement of around 50 new Army helicopters alone, and an increase in Army personnel strengths. It also includes more money for flight training hours & supplies. I can confidently predict all of the FY2018 boards will continue to result in high acceptance rates.

Unless you are a sh*t bird. sh*t birds don't fly.

God bless Republicans.

And for future AD/Civvie 153A applicants checking this thread, keep it at. The U.S. Senate just passed a $700 Billion Defense spending bill. This includes the procurement of around 50 new Army helicopters alone, and an increase in Army personnel strengths. It also includes more money for flight training hours & supplies. I can confidently predict all of the FY2018 boards will continue to result in high acceptance rates.

One piece of advice--you can't ever confidently predict anything about the Army.

• Like 2

Protip for the recent selectees that I just found out today. I met with the CW5 who had given me a LOR, and he had also set up some time for me on the Flight Simulator. Upon arriving I started talking to the civilian who works for and help run the simulators and he kept telling me I should have gone out there a month ago and he would have worked with me to help prepare me for flight school. He said he generally likes to get about 15-20 hours in before sending us to flight school to help us get a leg up. Helps us focus on the instructor pilot when he goes through a quick rundown of everything. Also, so we can at least hover starting out. So if you are anywhere near a base with a CAB try to get in early for a go and see if anyone there would be willing to do that for you! Wish I had known about it earlier. (I ship out Monday for basic.) Any of the CABs will also have the simulators. The gentleman I worked with was very knowledgeable and a great instructor.

Also, congrats to those selected! Its been a long road to get here! (Now all thats left is the wait for basic/WOCS).

If I could have about .000025% of that for flight school id be greatly appreciative lmao.