Is the TH-67A still being used in IERW.

You still do autos in the Lakota you just terminate with power, and when I left they were trying to figure where to put solos back in the POI 

and C-12 is really up to how many get slotted for your class. Mine only had 2 and one was for a LT

Edited by jkray

6 hours ago, Thedude said:

That sucks, the 67 is a way better trainer. 

I’m almost done with common core and it’s still kicking my ass lol. I’ve never been so bad at anything in my life. I do think I’ll look back at it fondly, but those 72s look like they’re on rails! 

9 hours ago, jkray said:

You still do autos in the Lakota you just terminate with power, and when I left they were trying to figure where to put solos back in the POI 

and C-12 is really up to how many get slotted for your class. Mine only had 2 and one was for a LT

I meant full autos to touch down. That's where you must land just right in not damaging the aircraft.

If they bring back solos, hopefully it will be more than just 1 flight.

Weren't the students in TH-67A common core prohibited in selecting C-12s. With the aircraft going away, more students have a chance on the few C-12s allotted.

8 hours ago, mike0331 said:

I’m almost done with common core and it’s still kicking my ass lol. I’ve never been so bad at anything in my life. I do think I’ll look back at it fondly, but those 72s look like they’re on rails! 

Don't worry too much. Enjoy getting paid to fly different twin turbine engine helicopters in flight school. Besides, everyone graduates as a Copilot.

Does anyone know the cost per hour on flying the UH-72A?

If you really suck at flying at your gaining unit, you just may be the frig bitch for either 6 or 10 years. 😄

2 hours ago, zaurus said:

Don't worry too much. Enjoy getting paid to fly different twin turbine engine helicopters in flight school. Besides, everyone graduates as a Copilot.

Does anyone know the cost per hour on flying the UH-72A?

If you really suck at flying at your gaining unit, you just may be the frig bitch for either 6 or 10 years. 😄

I thought that was a given anyway. It’ll be interesting jumping from a 67 to a 60M... then back to A/Ls. I am glad I got 67s for the simple reason of I think it’ll make the transition from the mike back to the A/L easier. 

1 hour ago, mike0331 said:

I thought that was a given anyway. It’ll be interesting jumping from a 67 to a 60M... then back to A/Ls. I am glad I got 67s for the simple reason of I think it’ll make the transition from the mike back to the A/L easier. 

This was the exact path I did. 67 > 60M > 60A/L

You're really going to benefit from being in a 67 first going back home to the A/L. Guys that did the 72>M>A/L struggled pretty hard for a while in transition.

• Like 1