WO1 Rank Reset

Hey guys and girls,

Are there any flight students who can chime in about the rank reset? I noticed a few months ago there were a bunch of posts about about how it was approved, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. I graduated back in Spring, and I pin CW2 in November. (I hope) I wanted to see if they were trying to push it out at the start of the next FY, and if anyone has heard whether or not they intend to grandfather.  

Thanks.  

25 minutes ago, Pmmeforstuff said:

I'm at Rucker now and my understanding is youre grandfathered in a should be good. Was told my TIG would reset after completion of wobc b. If that hasn't happened you're gucci

Is this that same policy that's be rumored for years and the CWOB keeps telling everyone. I have yet to have a single briefing where this has been mentioned here 

12 minutes ago, eyrk said:

Is this that same policy that's be rumored for years and the CWOB keeps telling everyone. I have yet to have a single briefing where this has been mentioned here 

Apparently from what my neighbor told us, he had a brief from the swo about it being implemented. The question is when/which class it starts. As far as I know,we been checking but no milper / alaract has been put in place. B

35 minutes ago, nil5038 said:

The rumor is that if you’re at Rucker past October 1st you’re getting the rank reset but I’ve yet to hear that from someone with more than one dot on their chest

Exactly. Warrant news network. Worst comes to worst if all these students reach out to their congressional reps I'm sure it would at least get suspended for a while. Aka ACFT style 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:11 PM, Thedude said:

You're honestly getting paid more than you're worth as a W1 anyway, it isn't exactly hard to keep the fridge stocked and the coffee fresh. 

This has been a rumor for close to ten years now and it's always "I heard it's happening this next year" every year. 

The WOJG experience may vary.  In my BN almost every W1 coming in from school makes RL1 and has a few additional duties before W2. (Unless they took forever in Rucker.) 

Just because WOJG's only take care of the fridge/coffee in a MEDEVAC, -64 unit, etc. doesn't mean everyone should have a rank reset.  On the flip side, there are plenty of PI's that sham around and aren't worth their weight in gold either.  

I've noticed this common trend where people just think: "Sucks bro, glad I was in before that changed." That's how bullshit like this is allowed to happen in the first place.  

• Like 1