ADHD Waiver

It's been a while since I saw it in the APL's, but I believe ADHD is a disqualifying condition unless you go through extra evaluations.  I'm also 90% certain you can't be on any medication for it and be on flight status.  Consult the Aeromedical Policy Letters. Should be public domain on google.  

I definitely wouldn't encourage lying at MEPS... But were you actually on medication for ADHD for an extended period of time?  If not then I personally wouldn't consider it a "diagnosis."  I should also add that MEPS and the Army will NOT get access to your medical records.  The only people that tell you that are the ego-tripping dickwads at MEPS.  HIPPA protects you, and even though you do technically sign away your protections on paper, it's still a bitch for them to get the records.  However they may investigate if they have a reason to. (Such as issues found during the MEPS / Flight Physical.) 

My father was retired Army, and I had Tricare my whole life up to the point of joining.  Even then they never pulled the records. It would have even been easy as a click of a button for them. 

Once again I'm not saying to lie, just don't self-eliminate.  

Someone else with experience with this waiver can chime in if they want.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SwissK31 said:

It's been a while since I saw it in the APL's, but I believe ADHD is a disqualifying condition unless you go through extra evaluations.  I'm also 90% certain you can't be on any medication for it and be on flight status.  Consult the Aeromedical Policy Letters. Should be public domain on google.  

I definitely wouldn't encourage lying at MEPS... But were you actually on medication for ADHD for an extended period of time?  If not then I personally wouldn't consider it a "diagnosis."  I should also add that MEPS and the Army will NOT get access to your medical records.  The only people that tell you that are the ego-tripping dickwads at MEPS.  HIPPA protects you, and even though you do technically sign away your protections on paper, it's still a bitch for them to get the records.  However they may investigate if they have a reason to. (Such as issues found during the MEPS / Flight Physical.) 

My father was retired Army, and I had Tricare my whole life up to the point of joining.  Even then they never pulled the records. It would have even been easy as a click of a button for them. 

Lol

well apparently as of yesterday 12/1/2021 MEPS will be able to finally run medical history and prescription history.  So watch enlistment rates drop 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 5:46 PM, SwissK31 said:

I would second this. Let them disqualify you; don't DQ yourself, and never answer questions they don't ask you. People told me as a kid that I had ADHD, and even put me on Ridalin in 3rd grade. They didn't realize that I was just high functioning early; and I never fit into the mold of public education. If you can operate without medication, you're probably fine.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:54 AM, Drew8803 said:

Lol

well apparently as of yesterday 12/1/2021 MEPS will be able to finally run medical history and prescription history.  So watch enlistment rates drop 😂

Just because they can, doesn't mean they will. Its probably more for people with genetic conditions, depression and mental illness, or major surgeries that they do not disclose from highschool or college sports. Army has been having to pay out the nose for medical separations and paying people for life over a "service connected injury". Can't blame them.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:17 PM, Poncho Liner said:

Im a recruiter, I can tell you with absolute certainty that every single applicant will have their last 7 years of prescription history pulled. It will show everything as insignificant as Tylenol, up to inhalers, creams, and opioids. There are 2-3 cancellations per week  just in my battalion, on the low side. 

They said the same thing when they came out with the medical records waiver a few years ago. Now the prescription waiver, I still believe it’s just a scare tactic. The military wouldn’t have any applicants make it through if they actually did the medical/prescription pull. 

36 minutes ago, GM1 said:

They said the same thing when they came out with the medical records waiver a few years ago. Now the prescription waiver, I still believe it’s just a scare tactic. The military wouldn’t have any applicants make it through if they actually did the medical/prescription pull. 

It’s not a scare tactic. It started 1 December so it’s very new. I’m not surprised it’s not widely known to be fact yet. The military is definitely having a hard time getting applicants through already. Like I said before, they are pulling 7 years prescription history on every single applicant.

• 7 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 5:30 AM, Poncho Liner said:

It’s not a scare tactic. It started 1 December so it’s very new. I’m not surprised it’s not widely known to be fact yet. The military is definitely having a hard time getting applicants through already. Like I said before, they are pulling 7 years prescription history on every single applicant.

Do you mean they're pulling medical records for applicants applying to join the army? or applicants as in WOFT applicants who already have gone through meps and are enlisted?