110 replies to this topic

#21 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:16

As of now I'm on orders to 2CR in Vilseck, Germany with a report date of 10AUG2017.  From the looks of it we will get the selection results on 26JUL2017.
If accepted will I report to Germany and PCS to Rucker from there or will HRC delete my orders and I'll stay at my current unit until my school date?

Cutting it a little close. 

I would try and get your orders deferred or deleted using the Milper message showing your selection and the attrs reservation for WOCS.

#22 adriel0491

adriel0491

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:48

So VA finally paid the school i attended and took ground school towards my ppl and just today I received the transcript... I'm heading back to work but I'll doubt s1 will be there after lunch... I'll have to update erb, da61(CCo signature), resume and the deadline for updates is the 3rd... Is it worth it to try and send the updates after the long weekend? Will it go through before the board?
  • adriel0491 likes this

#23 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:39

GT: 118

SIFT: 48

APFT: 243

College: 67 credits toward Liberal Studies, prior Law Enforcement Certs

Prior Occupations: Police officer, Police Dispatcher/Jailer, Police Cadet, Salesperson

LORs: 3 Army LTCs, 1 Ret. ARNG. O-3 aviator, 1 CA State Senator, 1 US Congressman

MEPS Pulhes: all 1's.

Flight Medical: Stamped

Military: None

Flight: None

I feel like my packet isn't as strong as your guys' packets. But hey, this'll be my first time and I'm doing what I can. Of course I'm going to keep trying to improve though. Especially my APFT score and my education.

#24 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 13:26

Prior Occupations: Police officer, Police Dispatcher/Jailer, Police Cadet, Salesperson

LORs: 3 Army LTCs, 1 Ret. ARNG. O-3 aviator, 1 CA State Senator, 1 US Congressman

I feel like my packet isn't as strong as your guys' packets. But hey, this'll be my first time and I'm doing what I can. Of course I'm going to keep trying to improve though. Especially my APFT score and my education.

Improve where you can. Doing well on the APFT is entirety within your realm of control, increase that score to 300. Select rates are good, but remain competitive.

• dukun8ter likes this

Civilian, selected March 2017.

#25 WOCDANIELS23

WOCDANIELS23

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Helicopters, Fixed wing, Army Warrant, 153A, AH64-D
  • Company working for:Banner, Guard

Posted 30 June 2017 - 20:47

I was selected in January this year 2017. You are all strong candidates just follow the USAREC page very closely also it is important to have most of your LORs from senior warrants. I was a first time go but quadruple checked everything! I'm also in the guard so selection process is slightly different.

• dukun8ter likes this

#26 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 00:05

As others have said before, reduce the number of LORs you submit.

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#27 taylor860

taylor860

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 19:23

Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the board was running from July 18-22 based on what the usarec website says. My recruiter just told me the board is next week, the 10-14th. Has anyone else been told this? I'm a civilian so I guess the board dates could be different.

Any thoughts?

Taylor

#28 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 08 July 2017 - 21:52

Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the board was running from July 18-22 based on what the usarec website says. My recruiter just told me the board is next week, the 10-14th. Has anyone else been told this? I'm a civilian so I guess the board dates could be different.

Any thoughts?

Taylor

You know, I have no idea either. I asked my recruiter and he said they were being held from July 17-19th this month for Los Angeles county. I saw the same dates you saw on the USAREC website.

#29 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:03

You know, I have no idea either. I asked my recruiter and he said they were being held from July 17-19th this month for Los Angeles county. I saw the same dates you saw on the USAREC website.

Dukun8ter,

I'm thinking your recruiter was referring to the civilian portion of the board. Although the board is all duty week, from Monday to Friday, the board typically does civilians Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and active duty the last two days. The advantage for you? As soon as the board had made a decision on your packet, your recruiter will contact you. For the active duty folks, they have to wait until a MILPER message is posted a few agonizing days later. It was so hard reading all the posts from the civilians an the last board post that they had been selected and I knew I had about 2 weeks before I would even know.

As for Taylor, I wish I could tell you what he might be referring to but I was selected on the active duty side. Maybe a civilian could chime in with a better perspective?

Either way, the next two weeks will be long and worrisome. I just worked out like a crazy person to keep my mind occupied on something other than the board. When I found out i was selected, it was the best feeling and totally worth the worry. Good luck both of you!
  • dukun8ter likes this

#30 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:28

The board dates on the USAREC site are when the board is held. Unless the board date is changed they only have 1 board for civilians and active duty. Deadlines for civilian and active duty vary but the board is the same. Like it was previously stated civilians packets are reviewed first so I got my call about Tuesday when I was selected in March. Not sure why your recruiter would be saying something different.

#31 taylor860

taylor860

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 23:47

Thanks for the info everyone. Either way, I guess we will find out soon enough. Hoping the best for everyone. Cant wait to get the word!

Best of luck!
Taylor

#32 Zac

Zac

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 14:49

As you guys know the board convenes on the 17th.  As of today (the 12th) my "application is currently with Proponent and has been in this status since 06 June".  When I emailed the proponent I was informed that there are no issues with the packet and that it's just waiting on a signature.  I still need a moral wavier.  Should I just assume I'm not getting boarded in July or is it normal to cut it this close?

#33 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 15:15

As you guys know the board convenes on the 17th.  As of today (the 12th) my "application is currently with Proponent and has been in this status since 06 June".  When I emailed the proponent I was informed that there are no issues with the packet and that it's just waiting on a signature.  I still need a moral wavier.  Should I just assume I'm not getting boarded in July or is it normal to cut it this close?

At this point, all you can do is hope. Just because it hasn't gone through, doesn't mean that you can't make the July board if it is approved. My age waiver literally came in from DA G1 on the Monday the May board convened and it still made it to the May board. Every case is different, though. I didn't know I for sure made the May board until the MILPER message was posted and my name was listed as Fq-s. Good luck!
  • Zac likes this

#34 adriel0491

adriel0491

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 15:46

#35 Zac

Zac

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 15:48

I really hope so! Congrats on getting selected! You wouldn't happen to be at TOG, would you?

#36 adriel0491

adriel0491

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 15:50

Hopefully it gets approved on time.

#37 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:40

I really hope so! Congrats on getting selected! You wouldn't happen to be at TOG, would you?

I sure am. Are you there?

#38 Zac

Zac

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 17:32

I sure am. Are you there?

I thought your name looked familiar.
I've been in B co for the last 4 years. I sign out on PCS leave Friday.

#39 camsbaugh

camsbaugh

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 14:29

Selected

#40 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 14:41

Selected

Congrats! Any word about the stats from the civilian board?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

PrecisionVRForumHome200Able_VRHOme200Helmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016MaunaLoaVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200NFCVRForum200HomeDevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200